Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's right I forgot you had that custom dash you build. :D

I left the wires on mine since at some point I'd like to get the ammeter converted to a voltmeter (I remember finding someone who did it), but my Sniper shows the battery voltage so it hasn't been a big priority.

Glad you got it all hooked up and working.
I'm curious how many belts you have on your 3G. Mine squealed something awful if I tried to run it with only 1 v-belt.
The powermaster ALT came with an optional 500ohm resistor to run so the ammeter would work. Im still jealous of the sniper...

I reused my dual V-belt pulley. Two belts run around crank, WP, and ALT. One runs off the WP to the OBA and PS pump.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got it running! Volt gauge shows just under 15volts. My blinker indicator lights and one gauge also dont work. Had no issues with 3 electric fans running.

I did undo those two small yellow and red wires, so maybe ill hook those back up and see if it fixes em.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Those two wires appear to do nothing. Hooking them to power did not solve any issues. My blinker switch is either going out or just dirty from not moving. If I put a slight forward pressure on the lever, the blinkers work. The guage that doesnt work is my front differential temp so its not critical.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,570 Posts
You may have problems with more power and older wiring start to surface now. The ignition recently gave up the ghost when I was dealing with the trans pan and cooler lines on the '73 F250, coincidentally and with no real rhyme or obvious reason. just melted the harness plug. swapped out a new ignition with fresh wiring and viola'.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You may have problems with more power and older wiring start to surface now. The ignition recently gave up the ghost when I was dealing with the trans pan and cooler lines on the '73 F250, coincidentally and with no real rhyme or obvious reason. just melted the harness plug. swapped out a new ignition with fresh wiring and viola'.
Thats a good thought. Though a lot of my wiring is newer and larger 12ga than the factory stuff. All my ignition is new, starter wire and grounds and alt charge cable are 1/0.

You know i dont get along with fire...

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 304K miles
1,093 Posts
The Old Touch/Fix/Upgrade "One" thing then Ya Gotta Fix "10" other things. That seems like your Motto in this Adventure. Keep up the Smiley Face cause we know the other one wants to Force it's way to the Surface...
:)(y):mad:(n)

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The Old Touch/Fix/Upgrade "One" thing then Ya Gotta Fix "10" other things. That seems like your Motto in this Adventure. Keep up the Smiley Face cause we know the other one wants to Force it's way to the Surface...
:)(y):mad:(n)
Haha I may cuss a bit but never a frowny face. Though anxiety is a whole 'nother issue! The carb has me worried, as im seeing weird fuel ratio readings. Ran fine in 2019, so im thinking it just needs a little cleaning out of old fuel deposits. But when the secondaries open, she screams! Like a raped chainsaw! The 300 has such a different exhaust tone

With the dual pulley on the 3G, I havent heard a squeal yet.

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 304K miles
1,093 Posts
It mustuv caught the Covid19 bug, you know the procedure. Oh so it has sat for a year or so! Add some (a half to a full gallon of each) Toluene and Xylene to the tank with a wee bit of Marvel Mystery oil and let it work it's Magic in your fuel system. Works REALLY well in FI systems with the Cleaning of the Injectors and should have no problem in dissolving the crap in your Carb and it is a wonderful Octane Booster, it REALLY makes the numbers improve. There is a Formula to calculate the final Octane rating.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It mustuv caught the Covid19 bug, you know the procedure. Oh so it has sat for a year or so! Add some (a half to a full gallon of each) Toluene and Xylene to the tank with a wee bit of Marvel Mystery oil and let it work it's Magic in your fuel system. Works REALLY well in FI systems with the Cleaning of the Injectors and should have no problem in dissolving the crap in your Carb and it is a wonderful Octane Booster, it REALLY makes the numbers improve. There is a Formula to calculate the final Octane rating.
Yes, been sitting since june of 19.

Ive never heard of using those solvents before. Though i do work at a paint store and have PLENTY of toluene and i have xylene at home. Time to do some reading!

·
37,570 Posts
With your experience, you could probably tear down, clean and rebuild that carb in the same time. 🤣

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
With your experience, you could probably tear down, clean and rebuild that carb in the same time. 🤣
Oh hell no! Ive rebuilt only one carb and it didnt run right after i did.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
What kinda carb is it? I can walk you through it if it's one I know about, Holley or Carter Thermo-quad (I'm pretty sure it ain't one of these), I'm sure you can figure it out yourself, it ain't that difficult. They Holley's are a breeze. You just need a rebuild kit just incase, sometimes you can get away without any new/extra parts. Try a good in-tank cleaner first.

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Quickfuel 450 4bbl. Holley 4160 basically. The big issue with my last carb rebuild was i got a mystery virus right after disassembling it and was sick/weak for about 2 months. Even my pictures didnt help me much. I could probably do it better now.

Ive got worse problems. Brake booster is going out and my starter is sticking. I was supposed to be taking it offroading, leaving tomorrow morning. I just made the smart decision to not take it. Ill take the JD gator and econoline instead. Sucks, but id rather keep everyone and everything safer.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Your problems never cease! I thought I had problems, I won't complain about anything anymore. The 4160 is so simple, the hardest part is cleaning out/blowing out all the small passages and making sure certain surfaces are flat. Then assemble and adjust as shown/stated.

·
37,570 Posts
Dude... if I can rebuild an Edelbrock, you could probably do it with your eyes closed... or at least, squinty. ;) Delays like that between teardown and rebuild are a killer, fo sho! Been there, jacked that up.

Sorry about the extra delays. That always sucks but better to have it happen in the shop than on the trails. 👍

·
Addicted to Junk
14,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Dude... if I can rebuild an Edelbrock, you could probably do it with your eyes closed... or at least, squinty. ;) Delays like that between teardown and rebuild are a killer, fo sho! Been there, jacked that up.

Sorry about the extra delays. That always sucks but better to have it happen in the shop than on the trails. 👍
Oh im sure I can. I drove it to work today. Driving and having no brakes is no fun.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts