Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here's the problem.. I wanna know if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to fix it. I have a 1995, 5.8lt FSB 175k miles. When I'm driving as soon as I hit 3rd gear the bronco starts to almost sputter and it feels like it loses horsepower. Once I get cruising around 60-80 it feels pretty normal. I've replaced spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, drained the tranny fluid.. I'm not sure what to try next?? Like I said it only happens when I hit 3rd gear. I've talked to couple people say it may be an electronics problem? Like a sensor. Like I said I'm lost so any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
408 Posts
cap, rotor, coil wires and check your timing. Try setting it at 10btdc (stock setting) just to see if it runs right. Also look for any vacuum leaks. Spray some starting fluid around some vacuum hoses or gaskets you are doubting, if the RPM goes up it is leaking.

If all that still doesn't do it then disconnect your EGR valve. It'll throw a code, but if it runs right you'll at least know it's either the EGR valve being stuck open just a little. (that's what mine did) same exact problems as yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts