Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running 4.10s and a punisher Valve Body? If so how's that working for you? What's it like?

·
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.
858 Posts
I have punisher with 4.56 gears.

For mine, it has much tighter shift points now, which is what I was after. It used to just to wallow through the gears. Its does shift hard sometimes, but overall an improvement.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I also have 4.56 with punisher, absolutely love it. It definitely shifts much cleaner but it also seems to hold power on a grade better. It doesn't down shift like it used to, it's like there is more power. It's hard to describe but seat of the pants feel is great.

Reactions: Frkndave

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 MAF A/T 4x4 2.5" Lift
231 Posts
96bronco and kammots...do you guys drive / use your vehicles every day? Like the normal daily driver or just for play?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
96bronco and kammots...do you guys drive / use your vehicles every day? Like the normal daily driver or just for play?
I'm a daily and just want to be trail ready. Living in Colorado Springs and long inclines, I didn't want the wife complaining about "why does it rev so high when we go up"? 🤦‍♂️🤣

Reactions: TorqueO

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the gears being installed now. Tomorrow I'll do the transmission flush and PVB.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have 4.56 with punisher, absolutely love it. It definitely shifts much cleaner but it also seems to hold power on a grade better. It doesn't down shift like it used to, it's like there is more power. It's hard to describe but seat of the pants feel is great.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Tomorrow I'll do the transmission flush
NO FLUSH
Don't do a flush!
Just drain and refill the oil unless you want to have to rebuild your tranny.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
547 Posts
I'm running 4.10 gears with 35's and a Punisher VB. You can get the valves adjusted for various firmness, mine is set for "towing" and is a daily driver. The shifts are firm but don't slam into gear. To be honest I have been running it for so long I don't even notice the shift points being that firm anymore, but my girlfriend does. But then again she says riding in my Bronco is uncomfortable.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's an every day toy, that I try to drive daily for my sanity. Roughly 10mpg keeps me local, though I am headed to Pismo for my first time this summer before they close it down to off road vehicles.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,852 Posts
I'm running 4.10 gears with 35's and a Punisher VB. You can get the valves adjusted for various firmness, mine is set for "towing" and is a daily driver. The shifts are firm but don't slam into gear. To be honest I have been running it for so long I don't even notice the shift points being that firm anymore, but my girlfriend does. But then again she says riding in my Bronco is uncomfortable.

Same here. 4.10s, Punisher VB, 35s, and my daily. Been set up like that way for several years now. I think it shifts great. My wife will drive it from time to time and she has no complaints about it either.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
NO FLUSH
Don't do a flush!
Just drain and refill the oil unless you want to have to rebuild your tranny.
That's what I meant lol. Thanks though
Same here. 4.10s, Punisher VB, 35s, and my daily. Been set up like that way for several years now. I think it shifts great. My wife will drive it from time to time and she has no complaints about it either.
Wooooooooo 🙌!! Just drove home from Predator 4 Wheel Drive and gears feel amazing. It's like I can cover more ground with less effort, if that makes sense. I found myself getting up to 80 with ease and I wasn't even trying. I noticed the tach hovered around 2200 RPMs. It just felt like the engine was making less of an effort and it was awesome! PVB tmrw morning 😎

Reactions: kammots

·
Registered
1991 351w/E4OD/3" lift/4.56/33" tires/LSD FR+RR
484 Posts
Remember, lowering gears will throw off your speedometer. Your speedometer will read faster then you are actually going. The map in your smartphone will let you know your actual speed. You will need to recalibrate your PSOM.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Remember, lowering gears will throw off your speedometer. Your speedometer will read faster then you are actually going. The map in your smartphone will let you know your actual speed. You will need to recalibrate your PSOM.
Right, forgot about that. The main thing that I've noticed, was the very little effort the engine has to make to get going. Lowering the gears definitely relieved some stress on her

·
Registered
1991 351w/E4OD/3" lift/4.56/33" tires/LSD FR+RR
484 Posts
Yah, I agree.. it's like having the wind at your back..

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 304K miles
1,139 Posts
THIS IS INCORRECT! The Gear change DOES NOT affect the PSOM calibration in "Our" vehicles with the E4OD Transmission, only a change in Tire size affects the PSOM Calibration as the VSS reads off of the Revs of the Rear axle!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts