Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,917 Posts
I wonder if newer 97-03 truck motor mounts will let the engine sit high enough in the frame. Anyone know?

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
i drove a 03 f-150 im doing brake pads on and it has the 4.6. that truck will spin tires from a take off and haul ass

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
EdsonBronco said:
I drive the 06's all the time and even with the 5.4 they are gutless off the line.

Weird.

Jeff

this truck will spin tires on a take off. the 06's weight close to 1000lbs more than a 03. the 4.6 in this truck will spin the tires taking off, and take off pretty quick, alot quicker than my bronco.

ofcouse, its one of those low 150's with the 16 in rims, the tires are pretty small.
after driving the bronco, and driving it, the gas petal is tons softer, and i have trouble with squeeling a tire, until i get used to it

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
2,917 Posts
EdsonBronco said:
I drive the 06's all the time and even with the 5.4 they are gutless off the line.

Weird.

Jeff
In all the 3-Valve 5.4 (04-06) F-150's I've driven, not one ever was gutless off the line. It must be your canadian programming. Ford even let me abuse one around a cone course at Pomona. Even with it being a 4x4 and a 4-dr, I still went the fastest around the course which was shared by a few other models.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The v-6 Mustangs with auto's have more jam than these do.

I am really wondering why there is such a difference between what you guys are doing and what we have.

This is irking the hell out of me, we loose SOOOOO many deals to chev and dodge on 1/2 tons because they are so much more powerful off the line.

Glad you guys have it better.

Jeff

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
EdsonBronco said:
I am really wondering why there is such a difference between what you guys are doing and what we have
Times must have changed then. Back in the day, I used to own an '85 Dodge crewcab shortbed 2wd with a 360. Came with a thermoquad and 4.10 rear gears, and was a Canadian truck. I looked it up, and it listed as having 70 more HP, than it's US counterpart. I miss that truck :cry :cry

[/hijack]

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
2,917 Posts
Government of Canada changed. The F-150s sell like crazy down here.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
i've got a 4.6 in my '04 (new body style) F150. It's a good motor, but i'd rather have a 5.0/5.8 (currently own 1 of each)... That's just my twisted preference, tho

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
I agree with ya. I have a 4.6 in my tbird, it runs great, but it really doesn't run good until above 2k. It really runs hard up above 3k but i don't drive there much

Now somthing liek the 351/302 has more off the line better for truck use.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts