Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Bronco, 4.9 inline, 5 speed mazda. skyjacker level coils + 4 shocks on 33x12.50 A/T on 15x10
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello yall, I'm redoing my entire exhaust system and I wanted to know what is the best way to prevent the manifolds from leaking. I know they are straight to the head from factory but ive wondered if a exhaust gasket would be better or some other seal to prevent leaks. I already have a bad leak from the rear manifold and id like to do this the right way the first time.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,694 Posts
Hey Nater,

First question is what year of Bronco are you working on? Is it EFI or carbureted?
(It's a good idea to put your Bronco's info in your signature so that it can be identified for all your questions).

That said, make sure your manifolds aren't warped, particularly if it's carbureted. The 6 into 1 intake and exhaust manifolds will warp from heat, and you'll never get it to stop leaking until you take it down to a machine shop and have it planed back to flat.

The EFI era, not so much. But, it's still good to check.

As for the gasket, I always use one. Hands down, THE best gasket is the Remflex 3005.
It's a bit pricey, but you are pretty much guaranteed a leak free experience. It's a great gasket.
Just DO NOT bend it.

The Mr. Gasket 260 is a good second alternative.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,935 Posts
The remflex is good for troublesome leaks, or slightly warped manifolds. But its brittle as heck, and didnt fit my set of headers. A thin area blew out. I've since gone to Flatout Gaskets (8085s) for my 300. Not as thick, but much sturdier and has a lot more sealing surface.

·
Registered
90 Bronco, 4.9 inline, 5 speed mazda. skyjacker level coils + 4 shocks on 33x12.50 A/T on 15x10
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank yall a ton, i have a 90 efi, ill update my signiture asap. would the remflex work with efi manifolds?

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts