Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked and looked for any pictureof this. I want tobuse my tax check to lift my truck. I traded an 85 f350 with 6 inch lift on 33s for this stock truck so it seems really low and i dont like that. I just bought new 31s they are goodyear wrangler athorities. Does anybody have pictures of a 4 inch lift on 31s? I will get 35s when these go bald but for now i wantto keep them. Thanks so much i can not find any picturest

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
31's on a 4 inch lift would look tiny.

You can run 33's at stock height fairly easily.

Stick with stock until ready for lift and tires together.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree. 4" would look funny with 31's. Getting the nose up to level with the rear usually looks pretty good with 31s. That usually takes around 2" or so.
But, having said that...not all 31s are created equal. The Authorities have kind of a squared-off profile and look larger than a lot of 31s. One of mine had a set of Nexen 31s on it when I got it and they look positively puny. The other has a set of Hercules in the same size that look considerably larger.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it would look funny. I am a high school kid that makes minimum wage for now. I am trying to find a way to get that stupid transfer case skip plate higher. I keep getting high centered on the trails i used to take all the time. Hopefully ill have enough money for the 2.5 kit. I dont want to go 33s yet because i dont want to crush my gas milage. Would 2.5 and 31s make much difference offroad?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Like others have said, 4'' with 31s are going to look stupid. even with a 2.5'' it may look silly.

If you're on minimum wage, save your money for other things instead of a lift. that truck has 240k miles on it SOMETHING is gonna die soon.

I wouldn't go 35s ever unless you plan to regear, that's too tall for 3.55 gears. You'll be dogging the shit out of it.

Reactions: kammots

·
Registered
475 Posts
31" tires are the optional tire size from the factory. No lift needed.

31s with a 4" look weird. I took pictures with my 96 with 31s and a 4". Embarrassed to drive it in public like that.

35s with a 4" looks like it should look. Yes, you will lose a lot of off-the-line power and acceleration. I'm good with that and don't plan to regear. In 4x4 low it still does what I want and what I need. Mine's a daily driver and MPGs are important. But so is GETTING to work. Where I live I get lots of snow drifts and stock tires won't do it. My truck, my dream.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,051 Posts

I kind of like it, looks like its made to jump or something like that. Those are 31x10.5r15 on stock alum wheels. with 4" of lift

On the skid plate, why not make a new one that tucks to the t-case tighter, the stock skid is not all that strong anyways

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree with Crazy.. I would try to get a better skid plate that sits a little closer. A 2.5 lift would give you a little bit of clearance without making it an alignment nightmare. Just for reference, here is a pick of 32x11.5 tires on my rig with stock suspension.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I have a 2.5 with 33's and it looks pretty good. ..............imo.
31's are gunna look tiny on 4" lift.

You already bought new 31's sooo....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's my 94 with stock suspension on the rear and 1.5" lift on the front with 31" Hercules tires. I've got a couple of new Wrangler Authorities and they're every bit as tall as these.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have and rubbing with your 32/11.50s stock set up? Sweet rig man!!!!!

I agree with Crazy.. I would try to get a better skid plate that sits a little closer. A 2.5 lift would give you a little bit of clearance without making it an alignment nightmare. Just for reference, here is a pick of 32x11.5 tires on my rig with stock suspension.
Do you have and rubbing with your 32/11.50s stock set up? Sweet rig man!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts