Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got through searching and reading 10 pages of lift threads. So, with that being said, I'm looking to lift my 95 in the next couple weeks and I want to know (from people with 4 in lift and 35's) will I have any rubbing issues. I've had a bko with 6 in lift and 35's and it looked like it needed bigger tires ( I bought it that way). I like 35's, so I really don't want to go with a bigger tire.

Will super swamper 35x12.50x15 with 15x10 wheel have rubbing issue, Is the question. ha..

Btw For you search police, provide me with a link.:popc1:
Thanks Thomas

·
Registered
390 Posts
uhm i have a 4 inch with 36s and the fenders are stuff but there is no rubbing (i think thats because i have a good rim offset) although if i hit something more that likely my tire will touch the fender

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
On my 80 Bronco with 4" lift and 35" tires the tire would rub the inner fender well with the wheels tured a little uder flex. What I did to correct the problem is move the front axle 1.5" forward, problem solved. Keep in mind the 80's have larger wheel openings also. So I would say yes they will rub a little. From all the threads I have read most people with this set up that wheel there Broncos trim the fenders. Also IIRC you also have to trim the front bumper on your model. Good luck.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
look at 96greenmonster in the FOTM thread

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
ilike said above i have 35s with a 4 in.

there is minor rubbing on only one side for some reason at full lock when turning right
i need a better wheel off set
they fleex decent, but id go with the 6in lift

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
on a 15x10 inch rim i would think that it would rub the radius arms, and the edge of the bumper. all depends on backspace. i for one think they look like shit with a 4 inch lift and 35s. i think a 6 inch lift and 36s si tits

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
if you get extended RAs then you might not want to look into 35s unless you are willing to cut the fenders.

With drop brackets, you will be fine. I have a 4" and 36s on my 88 and though a few places were close, it did not rub. Though I trimmed just to be on the safe side. The bit of flex I was doing wasn't nearly to the full potential.

and unlike Ken, who is a flamer :goodfinge , I think a 4" kit with 35s/36s looks the best. I agree with a 6" kit they look too small. But you know the saying about opinions and assholes.

and these were my tolerances

front

rear

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
it would look better if the front matched the rear so put some 6 inch springs on it.
why dont you just.....shit I lost it. I dont have anything good to say..damnit :brownbag

I do think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i had no bumper rub.
i think my set up looks pretty pimp.
What size wheels and backspacing?

That's what I'm talking about. :chili: It's my dd, plus you don't have to much to flex on here in Mississippi. I have a winch bumper, so the stocker will come off.

Btw Thanks for the coments.

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
IMO 6" looks better, but for a DD where you dont do hardcore wheelin, you should be fine. If any you might rub on the Radius arms at full cock.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
where did u buy ur brush guard and how did u mount ur spot light
brush gaurd is from JC whitney, its just a looks gaurd, its not frame mounted.

the spot light is on the A pillar obviously. but i didnt do that, it was a state vehical 2 owners ago, and i got the truck with it on:thumbup

1 - 20 of 33 Posts