Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 89' Bronco with stock suspension. I wanted to put on the Rough Country 4 inch lift kit but I cant decide wether or not its worth the extra $300 to get the new rear leaf springs with the kit or not. All the suspension looks pretty rusty to me and the leaf springs especially so is it worth the extra money? or is that an upgrade I should do later? I dont do alot of off roading but I do tow a boat with it. Other than that it is just a daily driver so i wont be doin a lot of flexin just mostly want the lift to fit bigger tires/make the stance better. Thanks for the help! Again Im a noob so any help would be great!:thumbup

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just put a 4" pro comp on, and used the add a leaf, temporarily. I am going to put new jbg leaf springs on shortly, so all springs are new front and rear. But in my opinion, from best to worst is:

New rear springs
Correctly installed add a leafs
Blocks (but I would never use blocks).

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you have the funds it's definately worth it. Blocks suck and aal's aren't that great either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I think il do go for the new leafs. Also I have seen people say that with the quad shocks (which I have) removing the sway bars can actually improve the ride. With the 4 inches of lift would there be alot of body roll if I took them out? It seems kinda sketchy to me but the ride is terrible as it is now so any improvement would be awesome

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks guys I think il do go for the new leafs. Also I have seen people say that with the quad shocks (which I have) removing the sway bars can actually improve the ride. With the 4 inches of lift would there be alot of body roll if I took them out? It seems kinda sketchy to me but the ride is terrible as it is now so any improvement would be awesome
Leave the end link disconnected and drive it around. If it feels safe, you feel confident and in control then take it off. If not no biggie, just hook the links back up.

I personally think it would be fine, and intend to liberate mine eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts