Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a lil help. I have a 78 xlt, 400 and i want to put a 4 inch suspension lift on it. The hard part is finding the right lift that wont break the wallet and also comes with all the parts that i will need to install it fully. If any of yal have had experience with this lil problem i would greatly appriciate some advice. Thanks

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
look at rough country they are pretty affordable. some guys say they are junk, but ive got a 4" rc lift on mine and i like it. it also depends on what you are going to do with the truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advise! i was just on there site and thought that it might work. Im going to be doin alot of mountain trails/climbin. a lil mud every now and then but more 4x4 trails.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Don't use blocks at the rear. Very unsafe. For a budget lift get a ruff stuff shackle flip and/or an add-a-leaf.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
thanks, it wasnt too bad your going to need a buddy, a couple of floor jacks, unless of course you have a lift, and really you need air so you can use a 1/2" impact. i agree about the blocks, mine is leafs in the rear no blocks i think they are unsafe too plus they ride like crap with blocks in the rear. when you do the front you need to change the c-bushing that go on the housing, also change the bushing on the end of the radius arms up by the frame if they are the original rubber ones, once you put bigger tires on it they will blow out pretty quickly(ask me how i know) plus they are pretty cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts