Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST FINISHE DLIFTING MY 89. I PUT THE SAM 4" KIT AS STAN DID ON HIS. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I WILL BE OKAY TO RUN ON MY STOCK BRAKE LINES. I BOUGHT THE LIFT USED AND AM GETTING THE BRAKE LINES BUT I AM NOT SURE IF I WILL GET THEM IN BEFORE I GO WHEELIN THIS SAT. ANY BODY ELSE RUNNING STOCK BRAKE LINES?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yelling sorry caps locks are always on. sitting on the ground level I have about a 3-4" loop but I am afraid of pullin them out on the trail and getting stranded.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Not yelling sorry caps locks are always on..
You must be a Cad Drafter/Designer, as am I.
You just have to learn to check the caps lock before typing in any other program/window.

sitting on the ground level I have about a 3-4" loop but I am afraid of pullin them out on the trail and getting stranded.
Jack the truck up from the frame so the suspension droops all the way and then see if they are pulled tought

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i put the tires on last night the lines were pretty taught.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks 5.8 I will check them out. I maybe able to get some fabed up from the local parts supplier as well probably a little cheaper.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
someone told me I could disconnect them from the frame to get another 2"-3" out of them. Is this true. I know a guy that has a 4 runner that has a 6" and is still running stock lines.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
doesnt sound like a smart idea to me. Id imagine there is a lot of stress and rubbing the frame in that case.

Brake systems arnt something id half ass, get it done right.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks doba. and everyone elese i did some local checking and the local napa sells them for $15 bucks a piece. I think that is the route I am going to take.

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Not sure if it will fit, but on my 96 with 4" lift, the front were ok a full droop, but went to this one .
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...rtNumber=380046&Description=Brake+Hose+-+Rear

Even though it says front right, seems all their brake lines are called front right, it was the correct one.
The stock was 18" and this one is just over 21" It was long enough to not be taught at full droop on the rear.

May see if they have one for the F250 or F350 4WD for your 89, which has the same fittings,just longer

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
thanks doba. and everyone elese i did some local checking and the local napa sells them for $15 bucks a piece. I think that is the route I am going to take.
Stock or extended?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i believ they are the ones in tonyr's post. I need to measure my stockers to see how much more I need. I think I need a couple more inches is all but as far as how long they are I have no idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts