Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever used a 4'' lift with 32's?
i know the 33 is what you are supposed to run but anyone ever tried 32s....
pics would be appreciated...thanx

ohh and i already searched

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Eh, 32's would look goofy with a 4 inch lift. You can go up to 35's with a 4 inch...and in my opinion that is what looks best. But I wouldn't go below a 33 with a 4 inch lift. Unless of course it will only be temporary until the 32's wear out.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I asked the same question about a month or so ago. I ran my 32's for a while until I broke a sidewall rocking it and opted fro 33's like that look alot better. the 32's do like kinda goofy.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I run 32's on a 2" lift, and it's right on the verge of looking goofy. I may put 33's on it sometime, but for you I'd say go with 33's or 34's (never hear much talk about 34's really)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I did for a long time. It was fine, it just looked a little goofy.

Actually, that doesn't look too bad. But like I said...don't put new 32's on...but if you're running out the tread on the 32's you already have, then it will look fine for awhile.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
:stupid But the more aggressive the tread, the less goofy it will look. I've got worn out BFG A/Ts on mine in the rear, so at some angles it looks really weird, even though I only have a 2" lift. I have almost new Wildcat A/Ts in the front, and they don't look weird at all, because they have a much more aggressive tread compared to the worn out rear tires.

Just somethin' to think about:popc1:

·
Registered
904 Posts
haha, you should all see a picture of my bronco with about 5 or 6" of lift and HACKED fenders with 35s if you think that looks goofy.

One consideration when you are looking at tire size with regards to lift is how much flex you are going to be able to get before you bury the tread into the fender. If you do serious wheeling then you dont want to have something that is going to rip your tire and/or body to pieces when things get flexed out.

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts
i have 32's with no lift

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how about running a 2.5 inch rough country instead of a 4''?
from what you guys say......id be better off with it instead...any pics of that set up?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
how about running a 2.5 inch rough country instead of a 4''?
from what you guys say......id be better off with it instead...any pics of that set up?
Don't waste your time with a 2.5 inch kit. It is the same amount of work as the 4 inch kit. Just get the 4 inch and run the 32s until they wear down and get 33s/35s. Or if you are content with 32s get some leveling coils and be done with it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
naw im just gona stick with the 2.5 and 32s. cheaper. any pics?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
naw im just gona stick with the 2.5 and 32s. cheaper. any pics?
Cheaper? There is roughly a $30 price difference. And the price difference from 32s to 33s is not that big.
http://www.suspensionconnection.com...e/to=x/tf=model/to=x/tf=description/to=r.html
Not to mention that the two companies who offer the 2.5 inch lift kits also offer them with the crappiest design of extended radius arm in the business.

I have never seen a truck with a 2.5 inch lift that you could actualy tell was really lifted. the 2.5 inch kits are pretty pointless IMO.

But hey, your truck, do whatever makes you happy with it.:beer

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,518 Posts
I've got a 2" lift - not exactly what you are looking for but I've run lots of tires sizes.

32's

34's

35's

Never wheel'd with the 35's - I did ramp my truck through the ditch a few times - tires would rub on the plastic inserts in the wheel wells up front - no real worry.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheaper? There is roughly a $30 price difference. And the price difference from 32s to 33s is not that big.
http://www.suspensionconnection.com...e/to=x/tf=model/to=x/tf=description/to=r.html
Not to mention that the two companies who offer the 2.5 inch lift kits also offer them with the crappiest design of extended radius arm in the business.

I have never seen a truck with a 2.5 inch lift that you could actualy tell was really lifted. the 2.5 inch kits are pretty pointless IMO.

But hey, your truck, do whatever makes you happy with it.:beer

ya i checkED OUT THAT LIFT AND ITS ACTUALLY 600 BUCKS. ITS ONLY 450 without SHOCKS. WITH SHOCKS ITS 600. THE 2.5 IS 350 TOTAL WITH SHOCKS INCLUDED.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts