Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 4-4.5inch superlift coils and 3.5inch superlift rear springs. My question is would 7* c bushings and a trac bar drop bracket be fine for the front suspension or should I be using radius arm drop brackets and different * c bushings? I've read that with just the 7* c bushings that the coils will bow forward, is this true? My truck also had the inverted y steering so I think I have to switch that over to the T style. Is that right also?

Any help/info is much appreciated!
-Justin

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bushing and drops
what degree bushings and what size drop brackets? there's the 3 inch ones and the 4 inch ones.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone? I want to get a rolling chassis together by the end of this week or sometime next week and I don't have the funds for trial and error.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

·
89 Problems
2,554 Posts
the 4" superflexes tend to be in reality 6", so you may be looking at drops and 4* bushings imo. if you're sure it's going to just be 4 inches then i'd just use a 7* bushing and no drop.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My lift and axle came from a 77 f150,the lift was fairly new so I used it, 4". The lift didnt have ra drop brackets just stock but I think the trac bar had a drop bracket,I still have it some where.Im not sure what c bushings were used. I found the trac bar bracket its 7.5" long total.Also my steering was t style. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.
I called Jeff's bronco graveyard today and asked them what I should use for bushings with the 3" superlift RA drop brackets and they said 4*. So between that being said on here and from them that's what I'm gonna go with.

They have really knowledgeable answering the phone too. They didn't even have to look anything up they just knew.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts