Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem? I put a 4" Rough Country suspension lift on this weekend and now my front driveshaft is hitting my trans crossmember. 1989 XLT with a M5OD. Any ideas?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Geez. I gotta check that afterwork. I hope its something that easy. Thanks
this made me chuckle. not at you, but with you. I can't count the number of times i was just short of getting a hammer to make something fit, but then simply turned it around and there was no issues what so ever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes you have to drop the cross member. i have seen it done by cutting the crossmember on both sides of the driveshaft and building a drop U outta some angle or something and welding it back together. or you will have to find a drop crossmember bracket. i dont recommend flpping the shaft its not made to be that way.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,874 Posts
yes you have to drop the cross member. i have seen it done by cutting the crossmember on both sides of the driveshaft and building a drop U outta some angle or something and welding it back together. or you will have to find a drop crossmember bracket. i dont recommend flpping the shaft its not made to be that way.
he should not have to do anything to the cross member. the driveshaft just needs turned around is all. im running a 6" as are many others and dont have this issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts