Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I think Im just going to keep the truck, I will be putting on the lift. I currently have 33's now and a BDS 6" stage II lift. Now I was just goin to be running the 6" lift w/33's but seeing more and more with 35's or larger makes me think that I shouldn just stick w/the 4". So heres the questions,1) and 4" lift coils up front would work right? 2) I have the dual a-a-l and 2" block, can I just use the dual aal and axe the blocks to have now wrap issues?

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
it isnt quite clear what your asking
you want to take 4" coils spring and make them 6" lift? if that what you want.. daystar makes 2" coil spring spacers but imo its cheaper to buy coils

if you use a long aal it will give you roughly 2.5-3" lift or you can add a couple stock leaf into your existing pack but its going to make it stiff

2" lift block isnt going to give alot of axle wrap you'll be fine

·
Registered
190 Posts
no sir. you aren't going to want to keep the 6" springs in the front. now I'm not too familiar with bds lifts, but I know a few company's make their ttb drop brackets for 4 or 6". if yours is one of these then you just need to raise the pivot point up and put on shorter coils

and don't forget to put on shorter shocks as well. with the rear, get rid of the aal's and a the block. do a sky man shackle reversal. granted you might be a little high in the rear but in my opinion it looks good that way

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me clear some of it up I HAVE a 6" BDS kit, but want to go down to a 4" b/c I have brand new 33's and cant afford 35's. I can do a shackle flip, but dont have the time to do it, thats why i have to keep the stock pack in its local. The bds drop brackets do have the points for both 4&6" lifts. Im also going to be runner the superunner steering system

·
Registered
190 Posts
it only took me about 2 hours to do the shackle reversal. just need to drop the gas tank down, air hammer the rivets out. remove shackle from old bracket connect to new bracket. bolt or weld new bracket one. bolt shackle back on and your done. sorta

then you got to replace the front springs, and just move the axle pivot bushings up

·
Registered
136 Posts
:scratchhe What's wrong with it being 6" and 33's? I think it is not worth keeping it 4", only because I used to have the RANCHO 4" and loved it. I had it on for at least 8 yrs, ran it with 33's. Now I have the 6" Superlift with 33's even better. IMO

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
trade the 33's for some 35's, why mess with the suspension if you can just switch tires. seems like a no brainer.
whenever i have needed new tires i have just looked online or in the flyer, or autotrader and found what i was looking for, maybe not right away but quick enough. 35's arent that expensive. i just got 5 mickey t radial claws 85% tread, 1` brand new for 300 bucks down here in tampa.

look and you will find what you are seeking.

leave the suspension alone. crap, you could leave the 33's on there too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts