Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally breaking down and beefing up the suspension on my 94' EB. Here's the deal; I think for the time being I'm not going to run anything larger then 32's. What I'm curious about is if the 32s will fill enough of the wheel well to keep the aesthetics. I'm hesitant to to install a lift smaller then 4" because I'm not certain that I won't step up to 33s a couple years down the road.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
I've got 33's on 4in lift now, looks fine I guess, fits great lots of left over room in my application...I think this going to boil down to weather or not your building a "street truck" or a "trail-rig"..If looks are what your after and your not planning to do any serious off roading, 4in w/33's or even 35's will fit and look pretty good. However you won't have much wheel travel with the 35's.. All that really matters is what you like, and think looks good and works for you..Check out my superford link and then check out some others to get a better idea of what it will look like.....take care---Fog

K

·
0 Posts
damn andy, i never actually knew how clean your ride really was until now! i think its the w.c.c. sticker:D one of these days, im gonna get one to tow the bronco around! or vise versa!

im just writin all this crap so i can be subscribed cause im gettin a 4" soon, and have 32's, and need the pics too!

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
i was thinking about rough country for a while, but they seem pretty cheap. you would be better off going with a kit that has extended arms too. you don't want drop down brackets for your radius arms.

if i were you i'd look into rancho, pro comp, dick cepek or sky jacker. other companys use a bracket that bolts onto the old drivers side bracket, but the kits i mentioned completely replace it with a new one that is beefier and attaches with a lot more bolts.

just remember that you really do get what you pay for. if a new quit with all the high quality components is too much, look into a used kit. there is at least one in the for sale forum right now, and there are lots of other boards on the internet to search from

K

·
0 Posts
thanks bro... well, AS YOU KNOW (!), im not a hardcore wheeler, so do you think that kit will hold up for a mostly dd? thanks though - kenny

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
if your spending the money, at least get the good stuff. the cheapest route is not always the best, and sometimes it is wiser to wait a little while, save your cash and get the really good kit you always wanted.

if all you really want to do is go taller, you'd probably be better off with a body lift, as much as i hate them.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
oh yeah its deffinatly going to hold up for DD im planning on 6in and its like my DD to school so not that far but still a DD also that kit looks fine except your prob going to want extended radius arms like andy said and also like andy said i dont know about rough country they just seem too cheap to be true? and also my 2 cents on ebay is that i really dont feel comfortable buying anying thats that expensive/crucial to my rig when i have no idea if it really looks like those pictures or if the people or lying ect ect. i would rather just cruise on this site and look for a good deal or buy it new but thats just my 2 cents not to scare you ;) also fyi incase you cared at all im going with a skyjacker myself but with skyjacker you have to buy the shocks and break lines too but comes with the radius arms and everything else good luck and show us the pics right when you get it done! :thumbup

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
oh yeah andy whats that red bumper sticker next to the ford logo on the tailgate say? Dump.........? i bet its something clever lol and your WCC sticker scares me :shocked

K

·
0 Posts
Andy351 said:
if all you really want to do is go taller, you'd probably be better off with a body lift
:twak :twak :twak :twak :twak DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT:twak :twak :twak :twak AAAAAA YOU SON OF A BITCH, AAAAAAA:twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak :twak AHHH!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info. I'll probably go the 4" route. I don't do any real serious wheeling but the added ground clearance of 33's might be something I want to turn to down the road. Some of those ruts on my hunting lease sure do make those 31" tires disappear!

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
I got 35s on with only 4" and I wheeled in many places including moab. I liked that combo

there is minor rubbing on the rear portion of the front fender and the front portion of the rear fender but nothing to be worried about

·
Registered
494 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts