Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Even though this idea from the new F250's 4 link looks like it could be a possibility. I would make a new bracket that places the two links closer together for clearance. I know that I will be losing some ground clearance under the belly of the truck.. but with the strength of that bracket and a really thick lower link, it should hold up against sliding on rocks right?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So basically it would be going to back to a parallel 4 link that would look identical to this except the brackets stacked under the frame. Opinions?

Raleigh built some great brackets for his set up.. all I would have to do is stack one more heim mount. Does not seem like ground clearance will be affected too badly.

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
Reverse four link does have issues with controll on the street, coil overs or not. Ever brake torque a GM car and notice what the rear end does ( rises) it will do the opposite on the front. Not a big deal on a non steer axle but in the front different story. Really you can't have both worlds, a rock crawler does not steer well at high speeds and solid rod ends do not give so ride harsh.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Reverse four link does have issues with controll on the street, coil overs or not. Ever brake torque a GM car and notice what the rear end does ( rises) it will do the opposite on the front. Not a big deal on a non steer axle but in the front different story. Really you can't have both worlds, a rock crawler does not steer well at high speeds and solid rod ends do not give so ride harsh.
what type of design are you referring to when you say 'reverse four link'? you mean parallel four link? If so, I do not think that BDS and several other companies would offer it for F250's if it wasnt streetable. And 4wheeler has articles installing them on several rigs. It has the same geometry as radius arms except it allows the axle to travel without caster being affected.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think he was referencing a triangulated 4 link, if I had to guess.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah I think so too.
@93dieselbronco I have a question for you. I feel like you would be knowledgable. If I do end up going the simple route and make the radius arms mounted to the frame, instead of triangulated, is it safe and/or beneficial to remove one of the upper links in serious articulation situations to relieve binding?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Getting ready to make my lower links for the radius arm (y-link) set up..

Just wondering if anybody had a recommendation on how long to make them? I was just going to make them the same length as the James Duff arms (44 inches I believe). Anybody that has built radius arms/lower links have any input?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Reviving this old thread 91FordGuy, did you manage to make the 4-link like you had planned?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts