Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 bronco xlt, it originally had the auto hubs but now it has superwinch 1/4 turns.

I had it in the sand this summer and the 4x4 worked ok but took alot out of my 302 to turn the tires in the sand.

I hit the 4 low button but nothing happened, so i though you had to be sitting still and then hit it, tried that and it didnt work.

How do you use the dang 4 low?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i think with that push button sissy stuff you have to put it in netural.
and in sand in 4LO you are going to rev out and dig down and go noplace.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, maybe I will try that to see if it works. You may be right on the sand, there aint much here in PA so I woulda had to learn pretty quick that 4 low in sand didnt work.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The transmission has to be neutral for it to work...other wise you can push that 4x4 low button all you want and it won't do anything.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
84brownbronco said:
i think with that push button sissy stuff you have to put it in netural.
and in sand in 4LO you are going to rev out and dig down and go noplace.
you will always have to be in neutral to shift into 4LO. try shifting from 4HI to 4LO sometime while you are moving. i guarantee it won't sound pretty.

and :wtf are you talking about 4LO doesn't work in sand? thats :bs
if you know how to drive and air down, 4LO works way better

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
well when i drive in sand which is 90% of our offroading 4LO sucks. when i go to silver lake sand dune. which are big. in 4LO as im climbing dunes i gain rpms fast and she goes to red line and it cant shift when my foot is to the floor. i can go further in high cuz it doesnt just spin and run out of rpm. and by the top your not at red line.

·
Registered
71 Posts
in the sand down here whenever i actually need it i just use 4hi and that works all 63miles past the 4wd sign with no digging or bad gas mileage

·
Registered
463 Posts
4lo works fine in sand if your smooth with it. but i just find better gas mileage with 4hi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts