Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ended up getting a pretty nice 87 2wd F-150, F.I. inline six and 3-speed w/OD. It is kinda hard to shift in the mornings until the fluid gets warmed up and even after then it's not the slickest unit in the world. It doesn't grind gears though. I was thinking it needs the fluid changed out for some good stuff. What should I use? Synthetic, regular? What weight/type?
Thanks!

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Your SROD can use 80-90, and if Im not mistaken thats the thinnest gear oil (or is it the other way around)

BTW there is no drain plug on one of those POS's.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,993 Posts
Could it also be a TOD or whatever? Get the trans code like steve said and also post what the shifter knob says?

Do you have to push down for reverse?

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trans code says "B" and my shift knob says 1-2-3-OD. There is nothing special I have to do to put it in reverse though.
Thanks

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,993 Posts
I think you have the TOD. Would be the first one I have ever seen. These things are pretty rare now do to them just not surviving. Would make sense too. SROD from 80-84, then the TOD from 84-87, then finally a nice OD tranny in 88 with the M5OD. What is the shifter pattern?

Does it look like this SROD? (thanks to 81bronk36)...

Adrianspeeder

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Yup, Ive never heard of a person actually having a TOD either, so some pics would be very very very well appreciated.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
those links suck. I think we pointed that out when they didnt know what auto trannies came in FSB's

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
:lolup :rofl:

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,993 Posts
Steve83 said:
:goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

I never said either of them had pics of a TOD. :twak

Re-read what you've quoted. :deal

I just said to TRY them. :rolleyes:

:wacko :popc1:

Own this, beeeyaaaaaaaaaaach!
So you knowingly put up links that have nothin to do with the topic? I respect you for your knowledge, but sometimes I wonder...

Adrianspeeder

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
So you knowingly put up links that have nothin to do with the topic? I respect you for your knowledge, but sometimes I wonder...

Adrianspeeder
Ya it was a nice save... dunno why he bothered to post it then....

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
I want some pics of this guys TOD, not a whole bunch of jeep trannies

1 - 15 of 15 Posts