Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can't thank you enough for posting the write up. Hanging the axle halves by straps is the hot ticket.

I installed almost the same lift except I opted for the 3.5" lift in the rear (2" AAL +1.5" Blocks). I used Andy351's write up and got the rear up with just the leaves (huge thanks to Andy as well). Never put the 1.5" blocks in as once it was done it was slightly higher in the rear. Took me an evening and half of one day to finish. Thank god for air tools :twotu:

Here is a pic (now with 33" BFG MTs).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lift

Up N Flames said:
I would suggest 6" lift with 35" tires. The tires look a little too stuffed with just a 4" lift. I know people can fit 35" with a 4" lift but I heard they rub or need to trim to make them fit.
I plan on getting a 4" lift with 33" tires. That's my 2 cents.

I'm running 33" on my stock 88' XLT and the only rubbing I have is on the radius rods. I do alot of wheeling with it as well and it works great. It does look really cool with 35" and a 6" lift though. That would be my next step.

Nice writeup!!!

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
T-dogg said:
Can't thank you enough for posting the write up. Hanging the axle halves by straps is the hot ticket.
I'm glad it helped you out. The strap idea is a good one. Since the writeup I installed the Sky Manufacturing shackle flip and upped the front end to 6" coils. The writeup is pretty much the same for a 4" or 6" lift. It let's you know what to expect when doing the install.

Your Bronco looks great with the lift.

·
Registered
858 Posts
thanx for the write up it was one of the best i have ever seen it will be VERY helpful when i can afford to do my lift ill prob do 4in with 33 lovin the look and functionality looks awesome and GREAT WRITEUP

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here is more pictures....

The rear add a leaf (the really thick one) w/factory wedge:

Two tools I had to buy...(Pitman Arm Puller & Pickle Fork)

Who needs a 90 Degree drill with an adapter (Under $20 from Harbor Freight)

And a casualty of war (from the add a leafs) :cry

·
Registered
176 Posts
Almost forgot, I put on the 33" tires before the lift and they rubbed the front bumper even with the 2" coils. I spaced out the bumper 3/4" with some washers and solved the problem. Here is what it looks like.

The bumper has 4 attachment bolts and the bracket is slotted so you can move into the position you want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think you should really use heat on that pitman arm before pulling it off. I put a superlift kit on my friends Ranger and he actually shattered his steering shaft on which his pitman arm rides. It was the craziest thing Ive ever seen. You really do have to muscle that bastard off, it's on there GOOD. However, heat really helps. I used a propane torch on it for 5 mins and it came off relatively easily with this 2 1/2' breaker bar i had.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey gotAhoss, I asked the same question last year. I got 2 theorys, 1/2 the ppl who got the 4in, ended up heading for the 6..Truth be told, w. a 4in...you can sometimes get away w. out re gearing, and it does just make the truck a lil more muscular. 35's+ are w.out a doubt the lifted look.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
With 4" or 6" lift you want the drop pitman arm.

When I went from 4" to 6" I allready had it installed and it sucked the toe in severely on mine. That's with 2" difference. I bet it would be horrible with a 4" difference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lift for every fullsize

If you want a cheap 4" or 6" lift go to 4wheelparts.com or call them and get the lift for an '80 - '96 F150. It works the exact same and it costs about $480 for the 6" and about $40 less for the 4". Go the 6"...only a little more for 2 more inches. Enough said. Heres the link: 6" Lift 80-96 F150 w/ arm :twotu:

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah, a 6" would be really cool, but then I'd be tempted to put on 35" tires and without a regear I'd work my 302 to death.

Does that site have a picture or a description of the lift components?

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It's tough to price shop for a lift kit. Some of them are cheaper but leave out things that you really need. When you buy a lift kit (any size) I definitely recommend it comes with the following unless you make sure to purchase separately.

Extended brake lines (your life will depend on it)
Drop Pitman Arm (alignment)
Shocks (if you buy separately plan on the 4-6” lift extension)

·
Registered
538 Posts
This is the kit that I bought off of ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8001061656

I should have it done tomorrow if weather permits.

It came with extended brake lines, shocks " I had to buy two extra for the front since I had quad", and a drop pitman arm. It also came with a single shock steering stabilizer kit. :thumbup

Its a good kit for the price and the seller one of the best I have delt with on ebay. :thumbup

41 - 55 of 55 Posts