Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4 inch lift with extended radius arms when i go to a 6 inch lift will i need 2 inch radius arm drops

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
you'll loose a little caster... but it should still drive OK.

you will need taller springs, longer shocks, and possibly longer brake lines and another pitman arm though.

whats the goal here, i mean.. why are you lifting it 2 inches more? just for looks? do you need another 2" travel for some reason? what size tire you running?

·
Registered
81 Posts
No dropbrackets for rad arms but u will need axle drop brackets since rancho does not have the second hole like the superlift kit.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
wat about travel? was it about the same
i'll answer that: you should hypothetically gain 2" of travel if you're bump stops and everything else stays the same. however, you may have a hard time finding shocks which will have enough travel (for axle from full droop to bump stop) using you're stock shock locations. i know the best i could do was JUST barely enough shock travel for 4" of lift (what i'm running) so if i went 6" i'd either have shocks which would bottom out before the axle hit the bump stop, or else they'd be all the way extended while the truck was just sitting on the ground (no down travel). the fix for this of course is taller shock hoops and high end shocks (more dollars)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Couldnt really tell you bout the travel since most of what I did was trail riding and mud, so didnt pay attention to flex. Sucks about the pivot bracket tho. I had a superlift so raising it to 6 inches was cake. Replacing those brackets look like a pain in the ***.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Honestly i have done what u are about to do and wish i still had my rancho 4" the truck handled so much better and the gains are minimal offroad.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am lifting it 2 more inches for 35 inch tires and ground clearance i am geting rancho pivot brackets and coils from a friend im going to buy standard shocks for a 6 inch and a shackle flip from sky in the reari have a drop pittman arm already do i need a new one?

·
Registered
81 Posts
drop pittman arm should be fine, however rancho does not make a 6" axle pivit bracket because they dont make a 6" lift . So check with your friend on what he is acctually giving you.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
i am lifting it 2 more inches for 35 inch tires and ground clearance i am geting rancho pivot brackets and coils from a friend im going to buy standard shocks for a 6 inch and a shackle flip from sky in the reari have a drop pittman arm already do i need a new one?
35's are going to rub badly when the suspension is compressed, weather you have a 4, or 6 inch lift. the 6" lift will just go an extra 2 inches before it rubs... but it'll still rub well before you're bump stops hit.

the only way to prevent this is to cut out you're fenders.. on you're body style, the worst rubbing spot is the rear of the front fender wells. the fender's are simply too small to fit 35's, so unless you have a ridiculously high lift so high that the tires never enter the fender wells (picture a monster truck), then it's going to rub. i'd stick with 33's if i were you (unless you want to cut the fenders)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
35's are going to rub badly when the suspension is compressed, weather you have a 4, or 6 inch lift. the 6" lift will just go an extra 2 inches before it rubs... but it'll still rub well before you're bump stops hit.

the only way to prevent this is to cut out you're fenders.. on you're body style, the worst rubbing spot is the rear of the front fender wells. the fender's are simply too small to fit 35's, so unless you have a ridiculously high lift so high that the tires never enter the fender wells (picture a monster truck), then it's going to rub. i'd stick with 33's if i were you (unless you want to cut the fenders)
i know the spot u are talking about im going to cut that any way

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im running 35s with a rancho 4in and the only spot that ever touched was the front bumper. I trimmed the bumper a little and no more rubbing. Two days later I replaced the frt bumper with the prerunner style and have never touched again. Get the right offset wheels and youll have nothing to worry about

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got the drop pvot brackets today and they are rough country brackets

1 - 14 of 14 Posts