Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search on this but i wanted some more info before i ordered anything. just wanted to get that out of the way before i was attacked.
i have a 4" tuff country lift with extended radius arms on my 96 f150 now, and i want to go up to a 6" kit, so i can comfortably fit 35's. is it possible to just add 6" springs and new drop brackets for the axle, but keep my radius arms and brackets? i know i could fit the 35's now with some trimming, but i dont feel like getting sawzall happy, and i like being able to flex well because i see a lot of varied terrain, not just straight shot mud pits. thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
I believe you SHOULD be able to keep your TTB drop brackets (they should have two holes drilled in them, one for a 4 inch and one for a 6 inch lift) and would have to replace the springs and radius arm brackets. Plus you have to address the rear.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to shackle flip the rear. i will have to but new axle drop brackets because tuff country doesnt drill them with two holes.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
The arms and brackets will be fine. New coils, shocks, drop brackets if you can't swap holes and the rear lift are all you'll have to worry about.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. ill post up some pics when i get the stuff, and as i install it. oh, and i love your bronco doba.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts