Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 ways stopped working on my 91. the swich still works

when you pull the switch they dont flash. But if you step on the brake both lights light up on the dash. is there a flasher relay or something beyond the switch./ fuse is good i just cant find anything else

thanx

dc

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
you have a relay where your fuses are located, on the back of the panel, or you might have it in a bracket to the right of the instrument panel.

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
It's not a relay - it's a flasher unit, just like the one for the turn signals. If it's not flashing, you probably have more than one bulb (or at least the turn/hazard filament) burnt out. If you pull the flasher, pay VERY careful attention to how it comes out. You can't see its socket, so it can be tricky to get it put back in correctly. It's directly behind the turn flasher, so pulling that one can make it easier because you can look straight thru the fuse block.

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Steve83 said:
It's not a relay - it's a flasher unit
you say tomato I say relay. :toothless I did mean to say the flasher unit anyways

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
Never replace a part on a guess - diagnose the problem, & buy only what you need to fix it. Have you checked the ALL bulbs yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts