Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 bronco with automatic 4 wheel drive (dont have the money to swap right now). the other day i had it n 4 wheel drive and it seemed to work fine until today when i was exiting the freeway it made a loud pop and started to click real bad in the drivers side hub so i disconnected the front drive line to prevent further damage so i could make it home and the clicking sound was still there(it was if it tried to engage itself and was partialy engaged?disengaged)so i put it in 4 low in first and that seemed to cure the problem for the time.ill add that it is only the drivers side and not the passenger side.anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be.Thanks in advance for the help guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i tried that but what i dont understand is why all of a sudden a day latter and 40 or so miles it just all of a sudden messed up like that .

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
So am I to understand you was just cruising around in 4WD???:shrug
Anyway, sounds like you blew a hub to me....

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
19bronco90 said:
when i was exiting the freeway it made a loud pop and started to click real bad in the drivers side hub so i disconnected the front drive line to prevent further damage so i could make it home
So am I to understand you was just cruising around in 4WD???:shrug
Anyway, sounds like you blew a hub to me....

P.S. oops, double post..can a kind Mod kill the first one?? Thanks!:beer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i wasnt in 4 wheel drive the day before i had it in 4 wheel drive but had disengaged it without any trouble the problem occured the next day. thanks

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
19bronco90 said:
I have a 1990 bronco with automatic 4 wheel drive (dont have the money to swap right now).....
Are you saying you have Auto locking hubs not the manual locking hubs? If you have the Auto locking hubs it's the hubs. Swap them out for some Warn Premium hubs and you will be good to go. The autos are junk!!

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
:stupid :stupid :stupid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts