Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i put my 1990 bronco in to 4 wheel drive it seams that its

not workin !!!!! i checked the front drive shaft and its locked in

and turns the front shafts going to each side!!! are my hub's fu*ked what do i do or where do i go from here please help we just got one foot of snow here in montana so i need it fixed asap please help

1990 ford bronco 302 5.0l
butte,montana ,59701
406-494-5619

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
How did you determine the shafts are turning? If you're certain the hubs are ruined, take this opportunity to swap to warn premium manual hubs

edit - jinx!... mofo :goodfinge

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well I had a similar problem with those dang auto hubs and I strongly advise getting some good WARN premuim hubs to alleviate this.

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
If your truck has auto hubs then Id either get rid of the truck, or get rid of them damn panzy auto hubs and get some ford manuals or warns.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It definitely sound like the hubs as I have had this problem befor and the manual hub was shot. So I suggest you tear it apart and see if there is excessive play in the gear thats suppose to lock to the outer shaft.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
If your manual hubs are locked when you turn the front driveshaft (t-case in 2hi or neutral) then your hubs are shot. Since your diff is open you probably have one good hub and one bad one. Like said get some Warn Premiums and be done with it. Very easy swap and only about $100.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts