Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights are in terrible shape. Are the really cheap, $40/pair, replacements like these OK or is it worthwhile to spend more?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I think its worth it to spend more. I went the cheapy route and regretted it. Those are OK

You may want to check out Rockauto.com and go for the CAPA certified units. The headlamp assemblies are in the "body" category

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,455 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its worth it to spend more. I went the cheapy route and regretted it. Those are OK

You may want to check out Rockauto.com and go for the CAPA certified units. The headlamp assemblies are in the "body" category
Thanks, I'll take a look.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,455 Posts
Be a sexier look that's for sure.
Yeah - but I also sent a PM to TCM GLX to see if he is still retro fitting projectors. I have them on my DD with 55w 6K's and its simply amazing. Having some good lightning would be awesome for late night plowing.

·
Registered
829 Posts
They'll work but you might need to make them fit. The castings or whatever you call the plastic making process is often off slightly from Ford's specs. For example, my cheapo replacement headlights are just slightly sunk in from where the OEM sat so there's a gap. You only notice it if you get right up close to it and it's a fair cosmetic trade off, in my opinion, for the price.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I've bought 4 different sets of the cheap Depo ones. All have fit great and will continue to buy them. The euro's are nice but they dont match at all unless you upgrade your turn signal and parking lenses to the same euro style.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts