Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
bored and stroked, so what are you wondering?

·
insanity & senselessness
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i don´t know is the 434 is a better option than 400... have forged crank.
i know 400 rebuit kit is cheaper than 434.

I want to rebuild my engine as street.

I didn´t see in FSB broncos using 434.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I plan on doing a 434 next round. the reason the 400 kit is cheaper is your not getting a stroker.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
For the street a 400 is probably good enough. Just be sure to get your parts from TMeyer. Once your block is all cleaned up you will know the overbore & you can order pistons, rings & bearings. Do you want to run the closed chamber heads?

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
For the street a 400 is probably good enough. Just be sure to get your parts from TMeyer. Once your block is all cleaned up you will know the overbore & you can order pistons, rings & bearings. Do you want to run the closed chamber heads?
pffffft what kind of answer is "good enough" when the question of high performance is on the line here?!?! he doesn't want good enough, or he'd leave it a 351m. he wants OVERKILL.

besides, it's a heavy ass bronco, so it's going to be slow no matter what he does, he needs all the engine he can get if he wants it to be faster.

as for the 400 vs. 434, consider rod length, cam choice, and TDC dwell a little as well when you're doing a stroker build. if you're going with stock heads, and the stroker kit uses stock rods, it probably has a horrible rod ratio like <1.5, and very little TDC dwell time which will result in not much breathing due to restrictive stock heads. so it wont make much high rpm power. just somethin' to keep in mind.

·
insanity & senselessness
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tnx guys.

I´ll use stock heads, performer cam, weiand 8010 intake and Demon 625CFM carb.

Colobronco: i´ll get tmeyer pistons ;)

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
pffffft what kind of answer is "good enough" when the question of high performance is on the line here?!?! he doesn't want good enough, or he'd leave it a 351m. he wants OVERKILL.

besides, it's a heavy ass bronco, so it's going to be slow no matter what he does, he needs all the engine he can get if he wants it to be faster.

as for the 400 vs. 434, consider rod length, cam choice, and TDC dwell a little as well when you're doing a stroker build. if you're going with stock heads, and the stroker kit uses stock rods, it probably has a horrible rod ratio like <1.5, and very little TDC dwell time which will result in not much breathing due to restrictive stock heads. so it wont make much high rpm power. just somethin' to keep in mind.
I am fairly sure Tim's 434 stroker kit comes with new rods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
434 FYI...

The 434 kit contains:
4340 Forged 4.250" crankshaft
Forged H-beam rods, about 6.700" length, ARP 2000 bolts.
Forged Flat top piston
ACL rod and main bearings
Plasma moly ring set
Billet 9-keyway timing set with Torrington bearing

This complete assembly is ready for internal balancing.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
The 434 kit contains:
4340 Forged 4.250" crankshaft
Forged H-beam rods, about 6.700" length, ARP 2000 bolts.
Forged Flat top piston
ACL rod and main bearings
Plasma moly ring set
Billet 9-keyway timing set with Torrington bearing

This complete assembly is ready for internal balancing.

Sweet.. those are some nice long rods.. and with everything being forged, i'd go with the stroker for sure!

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
Sweet.. those are some nice long rods.. and with everything being forged, i'd go with the stroker for sure!
you should see the other goodies he has as well. 4 bolt main caps, new cam bearings to restrict oil flow. an assortment of different heads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts