Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a new ride 78 f150 with 44" ground hawgs. It's gonna be strictly a mud truck. The tires hold are for about 2 days and go flat. I'm looking for a set of tubes for them. Anybody know where to get a set of tubes for them? The tires have damn near full tread, just dry rotting.

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
I don't know where you can get tubes but I used to run 40" ground hawgs that would loose air after a few days. I decided to use tire slime and much to my surprise it worked great.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I had a ancient set of 44" hawgs that I had patched numerous times. The only place near me that would touch them was the local firestone dealer. They did a lot of heavy truck stuff and could get tubes and were willing to patch stuff that most shops wouldn't even consider.

Another place you can get big tubes is from your local farm store. If they don't stock them, they can normally order. Also, any place that does farm/implement tires will get them for you.

That said, tubes are going to shock you on price. Around here you can find a decent set of used tires fpr not much more then you would be able to buy all your tubes. Tubes aren't always going to last the greatest either, if the tire slips on the rim then there is a good chance the tube will at least pull the valve stem through, worst case it will blow the tube. Tire slime is hit or miss, and would take a lot for 44"s, I have had zero luck with slime in big tires, but I threw it in my quad tires that were leaking all over and it sealed them up perfectly. You can buy slime by the gallon at the big farm stores too.

Good Luck,
Jason

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it. Ya I figured tubes would probably run me $50-100 bucks a piece. I may try something other than tubes before footing out big money.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
You won't find tubes to fit anything bigger than a 35 and if they make them I bet they are pricey, may be a specialty company that makes off road tubes. I work at a farmers co-op and we work on cars trucks and tractors and change tires, we have a vast array of tubes and it's almost impossible to find tubes that will fit anything over a 33 or 35

1 - 6 of 6 Posts