1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I wouldn't buy one. Who wants to pay over $150 to fill up their Bronco? $70 is bad enough.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I wouldn't buy one. Who wants to pay over $150 to fill up their Bronco? $70 is bad enough.
Doesnt make a difference. You are going to burn threw the same gas regardless of how big the tank is.

That would be sweet for long trips. Less trips to the gas station = better overall trip time.

Then again, all that extra weight of the gas in the gas tank would lower your gas mileage until it became emptier.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I'd rock it

I probably will when I have to replace mine again, currently I have a 38 gallon I put in about 2 years ago

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd rock it

I probably will when I have to replace mine again, currently I have a 38 gallon I put in about 2 years ago
info on the 38 gallon tank? does it hang down lower? cost?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dang! Waaay too heavy.

I have been wanting to put a smaller one in mine because of the weight.

Actually I have been thinking of trying to reduce weight. I know when I took the top off and the rear seat out it seemed to have more power.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just thought i would throw it out there....only 12 more gallons. Not really that much wieght, probably not enough to make a difference. Thats just like a passanger, maybe 2.

Im more concerned with how much it would hang down and the cost. But it would be sweet to have that much capacity for weekend wheeling trip.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
12 gal = 75-80 lbs. Might drop you 1/4 of a mpg.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
info on the 38 gallon tank? does it hang down lower? cost?
I dont have much info on it, I got t from my local garage and had them out it on while it was there for inspection. Its about the same size as stock, hangs just a little bit lower but its not to bad. I dont remember what I paid, but can check

·
Registered
223 Posts
A gallon of gas weighs 7.5 lbs, so that's 90lbs more in gas. Prolly close to 100 total with the extra metal.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
The 2BB chapter leader of the Rocky Mountain States ran one back in '99 or so. I seriously thought about it, but then decided I'd rather just figure out a way to carry a 5 gal jerry for those rare trips I really need extra fuel. so if I want I can easily be carrying 37 gals as is, without all the added fuss and weight, and cost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts