Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,718 Posts
The Mad Porter typically re-curves the duraspark dist. to run at 14 initial 20 to 22 mechanical advance in by 3k rpm (~34 total).
I have been looking into re-timing 429/460 a lot lately due to installing a new dist. into my 78. Point being the above is for small block, it is typical to not be able to run as much total timing on BBF. Carl (carsbycarl) recommends 8-12 initial with 30-34 toal on these engines.
Granted every engine is a bit unique in what it likes, given particular intake/cam/head/piston/ etc combos, not reallly a one size fits all

I do agree you may have a torque convertor issue, I have been really pleased with the last 3 I have gotten from Broader Performance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Alright guys here's a little update: swapped out the torque converter for a Hughes heavy duty converter. Made a huge difference and stall seems to be right around 2000 which is exactly the feel I wanted. Still need to do a little tweaking on the vacuum modulator but it's already an improvement for sure. Gave her a wash and pulled the top off and she's about ready for summer!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

21 - 22 of 22 Posts