Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well good news, bad news...Bad news first:
My 460 came in today..with a cracked head!!!:banghead

The crack was obvious....they had to know it was there before they shipped it.:shrug

Now for the good news:
The parts locator I was dealing with said I can get a refund on the engine and the transmision :thumbup (he wasn't very happy with the supplier either), so I'll be sending them both back because.......................

I ordered a 5.0 roller motor with GT40 heads and a set of stainless Motorsport shorty headers.....

This swap will be alot more simple and still have plenty of "umph"!!:beer

P.S. still doing the one ton running gear swap though....:toothless

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew you'd be dissapointed Ryan...:( sorry...I kinda am too.:banghead A 460 woulda just been up there in the cool factor (a whole 1 ton rig)...but I think this is my best route for now...:shrug

P.S. thanks CT...when the world hands you lemons....open a used car lot!!!:thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, Ryan..I debated the 351 and decided I'd need all new intake for it, so I just went back with 5.0..:shrug

Oscar, It's coming straight from Ford...:thumbup

BucKinBroNcO what exactly was your point???

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Blaze said:
Well, Ryan..I debated the 351 and decided I'd need all new intake for it, so I just went back with 5.0..:shrug

Oscar, It's coming straight from Ford...:thumbup

BucKinBroNcO what exactly was your point???
you only need a lower intake for 351 swap ewerything else is bolt on and you allready have mass air

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Ok since I built a 5.0 similar (without the GT40 heads) to that...what was the cost? I'd like to compare crate to build price.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sorry to hear about the 460 crack. If you want some help with the 5.0 I'll be off work the rest of Nov to the middle of Dec call if ya need me :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
J-Roc said:
There's no replacement for displacement!:D
Yeah I know but another deciding factor was the 460 was a junkyard engine that might run 5 min. or 5 years...:shrug (damn I sure did want a big block) :banghead anyway the 302 moter is a reman with 3 year 50k warrenty (parts and labor)... :thumbup

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
Okay, so you didnt go bigblock, why not a 351HO then? If you had to settle for the 302, at least stroke that SMALLblock to a 347:eek: to make it somewhat respectable- 302s never belonged in a BIGBRONCO-plain and simple. They belong in cars like the Mustang, and 1/4 ton trucks, not in the fullsize category. Ford engineers... gotta luv'm! :banghead Just think of the sh*tgrin factor when you stomp on the go pedal :thumbup You're goin to let a cracked head get in between you and a bigblock!?! :doh: Get another one! LOL :chili:

·
Registered
573 Posts
J-Roc said:
You're goin to let a cracked head get in between you and a bigblock!?! :doh: Get another one! LOL :chili:

That's a bummer about the 460, but I'm kind of with J-Roc on this one, I'd still rather get another 460. You should be able to get a reman in a 460 also. If I ever find myself in the financial position to do so, I want to put a 460 in mine. A G0-rilla big block is just what the doctor ordered for a truck that weighs 5,300lbs empty .

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
1911copper said:
That's a bummer about the 460, but I'm kind of with J-Roc on this one, I'd still rather get another 460. You should be able to get a reman in a 460 also. If I ever find myself in the financial position to do so, I want to put a 460 in mine. A G0-rilla big block is just what the doctor ordered for a truck that weighs 5,300lbs empty .
but then he is still gonna dump alot of $$ on a bigblock tranny, where the one he has now will bolt to the 302.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts