Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a guy willing to trade me my 2 460s carbed. one is in pieces, for his one efi 460 with a complete harness. no trans but it has the harness. and he said it needs an oil pump. he said at idle the pressure was low. what do ya think? fair trade. how much do ya think ill put into an oil pump and then a trans, i havent been able to find a trans yet.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I'd say "he[[ no". Prolly has worn bearings, too. Talk to Big2317, he's getting another 460 due to one he bought being bad. Average price is $500 for one decent 460, more if it's running. $1500 for a 460, C6, NP205 combo. And if it's an 88-90 460 like mine, The EFI is a real DOG, that's why I went to a carb, JSM84

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ii have a 460 c6 and 205. or 208 and i cant give it away ive been tryn

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
Patience, grasshopper. I feel your pain. Our local dudes go thru 208's and C6's like candy, but the guys that have them don't want to give them up for nothing. Stand your ground, and someone who needs those parts will look you up. Where are you located?

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I would think that your two carbed 460's are worth more than three EFI 460's. www.ford460.com has alot of info on the specs of different year models and such. I searched for almost two years to find an F-350 with a running 460 and the 1-ton axles. Seems like all the mud drag guys and street racers around Houston, TX gobble them up faster than Cooter Brown!!! I even had to wait a few months on my carb adapter, because they all were going to the Houston race crowd. I guess if you don't have a NHRA-sanctioned track nearby (Baytown), the demand for high performance motors drops off? JSM84

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I'd say "he[[ no". Prolly has worn bearings, too. Talk to Big2317, he's getting another 460 due to one he bought being bad. Average price is $500 for one decent 460, more if it's running. $1500 for a 460, C6, NP205 combo. And if it's an 88-90 460 like mine, The EFI is a real DOG, that's why I went to a carb, JSM84

Yep, I checked all the mains and they were all worn to the copper and one was a little grooved. It ran great w/ not smoke or noises. I'd keep the ones you have!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i was just looking for the easyer swap and the fact that efi is sometime better for a trail rig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts