Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so when I did my 460 due to money I just left the stock manifold on...now I got some money...so what intake and carb combo would be good for me it's just a rebuil 460. Keep in mind it's my dd so nothing to extreme.. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I like the Weiand Stealth for street applications. As for carb, I'm a Holley guy and prefer anything from the 4150 series lineup. Keep in mind, these things only came with a 600cfm carb stock...so I would think a 750cfm carb would be the limit for me. Then it's a matter of preference for choke and secondary applications. Personally, I use the Street Avenger series, with e-choke and vac. secondaries.

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...I believ I have theinfo I need....

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
I like the Weiand Stealth for street applications. As for carb, I'm a Holley guy and prefer anything from the 4150 series lineup. Keep in mind, these things only came with a 600cfm carb stock...so I would think a 750cfm carb would be the limit for me. Then it's a matter of preference for choke and secondary applications. Personally, I use the Street Avenger series, with e-choke and vac. secondaries.
I think the stealth might be a kind of overkill, especially depending upon the cam. He may not be able to use the somewhat "highriseness" of the stealth.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I run the Weiand Stealth and a 670 street avenger on top of my mostly stock 460, it performs way better than the Edelbrock performer manifold and Edelbrock carb that use to be on it.

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had an edelbroock on my 351m and it was ok....I'm gonna look for a weiand... Never heard of anyone around my town using them so..I'll try I guess..sunday is Pomona performance show maybe I can find a used one..

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Really depends on what your looking for............ low end or top end??
I had the stealth on my mud bronc and it was not a low end torque motor.
I'm not saying don't use it, just know your giving up some low end.

"If you're after low end torque, the Stealth is the wrong choice. Nothing beats the stock intake below ~3500rpm on a mild towing type engine. The Edelbrock Performer comes close, but the Stealth will give up 50 lb/ft or more at ~2500rpm and lower.

If you're building a high rpm 426/460 or a street/strip style stroker, the Stealth is a decent intake for the money."

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115663

Here's an intake comparison you might find interesting.
460 9.4:1 compression
unported Dove heads(bump in exhaust port removed only)
crane cam 518 513L and 216 [email protected]
JBA shortie truck
headers
750 Holley carburetor
Ford cast iron- 520ft/[email protected], [email protected]
Edelbrock Performer- 518.9ft/[email protected], [email protected]
Wieand Stealth-- 505.7ft/[email protected], [email protected]

https://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/all-ford-techboard/415751-460-performer-rpm-vs-460-weiand-stealth-manifold-now-vs-torker-ii-3.html

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i whent to the car swapmeet and all i could fins were 460 performer..for around 80-90.....im goona wait to see what i find at the next swap meet next weekend..how is the edelbrock performer...i want more of a low..since u could only goes so fast wheeling..

·
Registered
585 Posts
I liked my Performer manifold with a 650 Edelbrock. I liked the smaller venturis of the 650, much better throttle response than the 750 I had, and much easier to maintain than my Holley carb. Since I wasn't too concerned about high speed performance, the smaller carb was fine. Just my personal experience.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
superford mag did a write up on 460 intakes

they found it hard to beat the stock intake
the eldbrock dual plane was the only one that performed as well as the stock one
all the others lost it on one end of hte spectrum or the other

the major down fall of the 460 oem intake was the wieght if I had to chose it would be a dual plane eldebrock only for the wieght savings other then that the stock is fine

·
Registered
550 Posts
What have you done to your 460?? I'll bet you can find much better places to spend the money, instead of an intake. As stated by other members, the stock intake is decent.

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it's Perry much a stock motor..can I adapt a holley-edelbrock-demon carb to the stock manifold?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Performer 460 on mine. I have never had any others on it. I had a custom Holley 750 on it and now have the Holley 4D F/I and seems good to me. My motor is far from stock.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Im running the edelbrock performer rpm manifold and I feel like I probably lost a little low end. Im thinking about putting on the original D0VE intake and seeing how it does.

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok..so i desided im kepping the stock manifold...unless i could find a cheap edelbrock or weiand...but in upgrading the carb to a 750..now single or double pumper..whats the difrence in mpg

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how is the edelbrock streetmaster

1 - 20 of 22 Posts