• nada

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a couple of pictures of a 460 i might get depending if i sell my other 460.WHat should i offer the owner of the engine.He doesnt know the miles but knows its out of a f350.No water in oil and no known obvious problems.Also there are more pictures of the engine on my superford website.He says its out of a late 70s early 80s.How hard would it be to add aftermarket parts(carb,intake,headers,cam)?Im not keeping the smog stuff on the engine but i will keep it on there just for looks

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
I'd say 200. Looks pretty complete but without knowing the mileage or being able to check compression u really don't know what you're gettin. Plan on tearin it down?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that would be the plan.I would keep my efi but its not in my funds at the moment.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
can you get some casting numbers for us?

it will tell us what year, and if its worth the 275 instead of less than 175.

to give you an idea, i paid fifty bucks for a complete 460 (D1VE block and D3VE heads) and an additional D1VE block.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
plus... thats not a rear sump pan on that motor. i got lucky & my 460 was an 87 from a F250/350 that caught fire in the cab. it runs great. $500 i believe. but it already had short manifolds & rear sump, if you look at having to get them separately, it was worth the $$ to get it all in one package. the newer years may not have had the rear sump pan, but i think you will need it ... but then again, with your lift, its not like your axle is going to hit it... lol, so if you can get it turning over to check compression and thats ok, buy it for $275

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the owner is looking for the casting #s as we speak!!!!Hes a chevy guy and cant locate the #s

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the #s he gave:
Head: d3ve-a2a
block: dive-6015-a2b

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
good numbers. D3ve's are basically low compression d0ve heads, they flow well and are easy to port. good truck heads. the d1ve block is 2 bolt mains, but has alot of meat to it. stronger than the newer blocks. i would recommend getting the block decked or squared depending on what cr you want to run. if hes not a ford guy, seem unimpressed with the casting numbers, he will have no idea. the heads arent worth anything to the racing circle, so that should lower the price some. i would try to get it for 200, but id prob go as high as 250.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
SquattyD said:
the heads arent worth anything to the racing circle, so that should lower the price some. i would try to get it for 200, but id prob go as high as 250.
:stupid The block won't be either since it's a 2 bolt main block try to get it for 200....:shrug

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well now i have to sell some parts (460 efi anyone) :angel

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bronkzilla said:
put it in the bug
:lolup :lolup ...Dont tell my dad but we are cutting up the bug to use parts for our sandrail....That is after my truck,speed boat and camaro get finished :boxing :confused: :banghead :cry :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts