Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my stock rear springs are sagging and worn out.. I need new ones, so why not get new lift springs and do away with the blocks.. I found 4in Pro-comp leafs for $300. Is that a good price, and are they quality springs? Any info on them would be appreciated.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Bad 87 said:
Hey guys, my stock rear springs are sagging and worn out.. I need new ones, so why not get new lift springs and do away with the blocks.. I found 4in Pro-comp leafs for $300. Is that a good price, and are they quality springs? Any info on them would be appreciated.
looks like you have a superlift 4" on it, so you could do that, if the new springs come with an angled wedge, otherwise you will likely run into driveline vibes and possibly shorter ujoint life as your pinion angle will not be correct.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I do have the angle shims.. But, I too have heard that pro-comp stuff sags pretty good, but was going to get opinions from you all. Looks like i'll keep looking around

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bad 87 said:
Thanks guys, I do have the angle shims.. But, I too have heard that pro-comp stuff sags pretty good, but was going to get opinions from you all. Looks like i'll keep looking around
check for spring shops in your area, truck shops also do smaller springs. National spring makes nice sets too. With a local shop if you have a problem later you can take it to them. :thumbup

·
Registered
193 Posts
I put Procomp add-a-leaf springs on mine and got a 2 1/2 lift!!! I know they will sag a little in time but it cured my problem,with a truck full of tools my rear end was lagging big time and it did the job. By the way it was a big job. Sounds easy but it isnt even with air tools.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I put Procomp add-a-leaf springs on mine and got a 2 1/2 lift!!! I know they will sag a little in time but it cured my problem,with a truck full of tools my rear end was lagging big time and it did the job. By the way it was a big job. Air tools made all the differernce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts