Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my e4od blows... ive gotta tear into the valve body and check some springs... and the rebuild done on it was medioker

either way... there may be a 4r70w in good shape near me for nearly free... yes fits my motor...$150 bux for a basic rebuild kit and a few update parts and its ready to rock 700ft/lbs capable...

this is just a maybe...

ive got a HUG2 ECM... its a 5.0MAF computer for a 4r70w... 95'.... ryan i know you said there was no tweecer support for OBDII...is there anything for the 4r70w for EEC IV???

if i do decide to swap out the e4od for a 4r70w... it will shorten the driveline about 7 or 8 inches... making rear driveline angle much nicer(not that bad now)... there capable of withstanding lots of torque and it will get rid of some problems like reverse bang and my crappy shifts...

anyone have input... the wiring seems fairly easy...just need to repin for the 4r70w pins... we shall see

just looking for some input/ discussion

dc

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Couldnt you just do the 95/96 E4OD upgrades and a rebuild and get the same results except for the shorter driveline

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,541 Posts
I have a 4R70W in my 95 F-150. I had to repin it due to a change in how power was distributed to the transmission valvebody. I went from a 95 4R70W to a 99 4R70W.

I don't know if any of this information would be helpful or not - but here is my thread when I did the swap.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104154

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem im not sure if i want to rip the entire e4od trans apart for a whole nother rebuild..

im not happy about the quality of the last rebuild that a crappy shop did... not sure if its worth my time to rip the whole trans apart for updates and upgrades.. id rather just do it to a new 4r70w

dc

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
ive got a HUG2 ECM... its a 5.0MAF computer for a 4r70w... 95'.... tweecer support for the 4r70w for EEC IV???
Yes, you have to downlaod the program, then email tweecer for the files.
You could run a 1994-95 mustang auto ECM if you wanted.
it will shorten the driveline about 7 or 8 inches... making rear driveline angle much nicer(not that bad now)...
it would shorten the front shaft aw well.

The only problem with the 4R70W is the towing capacity is lower than the E4OD. With endless money, the E4OD can be built stronger

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill look into a mustang auto ECM... the hug2 will work...

The only problem with the 4R70W is the towing capacity is lower than the E4OD. With endless money, the E4OD can be built stronger
i have a diesel for towing purposes:D i dunno if its worth the money to dump into the e4od all day long...

like i said... we shall see...oh and i dont think front shaft is an issue...with the e4od and current lift its practically straight

dc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts