Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what trans is this? its in an 82, behind a 300 six. knob says 1-2-3-OD, and reverse is in the upper left. anyone know the gear ratios?

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Yep, dont run it, its junk.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Its an SROD. Have one in mine. Its mostly a car tranny from what I understand of the thing. Had mine rebuilt for free from a buddy until I can afford that ZF swap. what trim is you bko?

·
Registered
396 Posts
thats what i have in my truck, and it puts up with all the hell i give it behind a 400...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yeah its an "ok" tranny. If your thinking about swapping it out, just analyize what it is you tend on using your bronco for. I just wanted to know the trim b/c your only the second person with an 82' and a srod that i've heard on here, and thats the combo I have. Not XLT though. But what are your plans?

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cjbronco said:
But what are your plans?
beating the crap out of it. so im lookin for a t18 or np435. its not so much its weak, its just that first gear isnt low enough for me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
cjbronco said:
Yeah its an "ok" tranny. If your thinking about swapping it out, just analyize what it is you tend on using your bronco for. I just wanted to know the trim b/c your only the second person with an 82' and a srod that i've heard on here, and thats the combo I have. Not XLT though. But what are your plans?
cj the 80bronco i have with the manual is either the t18 or t19. its not the srod.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
equivalent said:
cj the 80bronco i have with the manual is either the t18 or t19. its not the srod.
He was most definatly talking about me. I know of at least 6-7, plus a 80 XLS pickup, an 80 mustang and a 77 Mustang II around here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts