Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok---buddy of mine has an 89 bronco. got it with no motor on the t-case. put a motor on the case, 4wd worked wonderful. went to engage it yesterday.....nothing. no 4wd, no clicks, no 4wd light on the dash, but the light next to the 4wd button comes on. any ideas???

·
Registered
776 Posts
mine did same thing, motor died. test it before tossin $$$ at it. new motor was $200 but ebay had um cheaper. all the imfo was here for me to learn this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tell me i didnt search....cause you were lookin over my shoulder as i typed this, werent you???? say you didnt search correctly, or you didnt use the right words, but dont assume i didnt do anything because i didnt do it EXACTLY the way you would. all you had to say was "search for these words"--then help----dont look down on me because i asked for help.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
tell me i didnt search....cause you were lookin over my shoulder as i typed this, werent you???? say you didnt search correctly, or you didnt use the right words, but dont assume i didnt do anything because i didnt do it EXACTLY the way you would. all you had to say was "search for these words"--then help----dont look down on me because i asked for help.
JD don't take offense to the search police as you said you searched but didn't use the right words it happens to the best of us just hang in there. Can you add your bronco info so that we can help in the future. I don't have any info to help besides when I had a shift issue I had someone hit the 4x4 button while I tapped the motor and it worked so I assumed it was the motor. I no longer drive that bronco so I gave up on the 4x4 motor. If you don't engage the 4x4 much you will have engaging issues with the electric motor at least that's my opinion. Did you put any type of grease on it when you installed new motor on there?

·
Registered
776 Posts
the search cops are harsh here, that is why i tossed in my imfo with it. i come here 4 help and try to pass it on as well. but i will say it would be easier to help a bro out than nag on him. just my 2 cents. i do understand the search issues BUT PLEASE DONT FORGET the PURPOSE of the board

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry i flipped out. i put in the search box "4wd not shifting". it brought up a bunch of tranny problems. i see now that i type this i should have worded it different, but it is my buddies truck and he was being a real pita about it cause i have a computer to look things up with, and i have a 92 ranger i just pulled all the electric shift crap out of, so in his eyes i am kinda his personal mechanic. daytona 500 was on, he was over my shoulder, it was a bad day. so i apoligize if i offended anyone, especially kf4amu. it is workin good now, we changed out the relay box under the dash. by the way, if one is not available, pull one from a ranger, it works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts