Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
It looks as though the Dana 44 is still under there. I'm guessing he replaced the t-case with a tail shaft housing and got a new driveshaft. I almost bought a Bronco in Auston that had this done to it. It also had a 500hp 460 though. He was converting it into a pure drag truck.

Why? Well, Bill Stroppe built and raced a 2wd Bronco in 1970. Less "un-sprung" weight means your tires follow the ground closer. Great for high speed control. Check it out on page 57 of the first edition of "Bronco Driver Magazine"

Not sure that is quite what this guy had in mind, though.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
hard to say what he did to make is 2wd without some underneath pics.

·
College User
2,020 Posts
He could have removed his rear driveshaft or front and has the np203 so it is 2x4 who really knows.

·
Registered
643 Posts
he coulda just took off the ds and calls it 2wd

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
He prob needed to fix either the tcase or the trans, and the 2wd option was cheaper, and he didnt really need 4x4, so he did the repair using 2wd parts.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
It's a cheap transfer case went bad fix. Maybe lower it and make a getto truck out of it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I read in a truck magazine about 3 yrs ago that ford made a limited number of 2wd bronco's specifically for the military(i think). Anyway, the mag said that the bronc's could bring alot of money. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 thousand plus. It was just a truck magazine, however, and we all know how totally off-based some of the things are that we read in print.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
i had a front wheel drive 79 a while back. drove great. i wonder if it was worth anything. i converted it back to 4x4 though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I see the pumpkin peeking out from underneath and hub locks. He either converted a 203 to part time and thinks it's 2wd now, or the front shaft is out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts