Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, a friend of mine got stuck, so he called me and i went out and pulled him out. after a lot of jerking i got him out and we left. The following day, i tryed out my 4x4 and got a large amount of clunking and choppy 4x4 activity.
So i got underneath and found this on the front end on the driver side:

Can you tell me exactly what it is and how i go about fixing it?

and here

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,535 Posts
Welcome to the world of breaking your front axle shaft. Been there done that. I broke mine trying to drag my locked up rear axle. :doh0715: Well it would require taking your brakes, rotor, and spindle to get that bugger out. Your rotor requires a special tool to remove it. If your truck needs ball joints too nows the time to do those as well since your in there. I'm sure you can find a used axle shaft here on this board. Plenty of people parting out things. It can be fixed in about an hour.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the exact name of the part?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alrighty, thanks man, now i just need to get the money together ;-) haha

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,535 Posts
alrighty, thanks man, now i just need to get the money together ;-) haha
:rofl: Have your buddy pay for the axle and you put it in. Besides it would still be cheaper than a tow truck to get him out.:rofl: I'm sure you can find one for anywhere between 30 - 60 bucks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thats good ill have money next week, so PM me and maybe we can do some business

1 - 8 of 8 Posts