Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i did a search its a 89 302 got it for 700$ couldnt pass up. when you push the button nothing happens with a test light theres power to the switch on one wire all the others are dead not sure where to go from here any help would be great thanks this is on the 4x4 switch on the dash no lights or noises.:banghead fuse is good in fuse panel

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
check to see if you got power going to the little motor on the transfer case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok

all of the wires or just one i looked at the motor looks like the wires or wire is going into the top of it. round thingy on back of trans case. right

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Just try this first......while you have someone pressing the dash button, you get under the truck and tap on (thats tap on....not club like a baby seal) the shift motor, and see if it will shift while you are tapping on it. If it does free up.....cycle it a bunch of times to lube it up nice.
Sometimes they get all gummy and tight from under use, and a few taps frees it up.....its worth a shot.

You can also check the T-Case shift module under the pass side kick panel. It has a self test feature right on it.

Also the shift motor itself could be shot.....but they are only like $100 for a new one, so that aint too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts