Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
multiphat said:
Yes its the push button 4 wheel drive and I guess its not engaging. Is there a way to know if low is engaging even though the light is flashing?
I'm under the impression you hear the selenoids click and nothing else.
The shift motor controler is "lost" and doesn't know what to do. :confused: its looking for a specific placement indicator and not seeing it. Usually due to Dirt interfering with the signal. There is a write up on the rangerstation on how to clean it.
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TCaseshiftmotor.htm

Jim

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
You only go 20-25 mph in top gear.

Adrianspeeder
I can go damn near 45 in low gear in my truck. Course, 31', 3.55's, and overdrive might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Before you go nuts.....the truck needs to already be in 4H(IIRC)........I stop the truck, foot on the brake trans in park or nutral......then I press the 4Lo button.

Now if that dont work, have someone get in the truck and press that button while you go under the truck and TAP the shift motor with a hammer or such, and see if that frees it up. If it does.....be sure to cycle it in and out a few times to get her all lubed up.

If that dont work, check the transfer case shift motor module. If you look it up, you will see that it has a button on the module with a LED that is the self test. You will need to look up the exact procedure though....I just cant recall it right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts