Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peoples.

I am looking for a good 4x4 shop, trustworthy, reliable, competent and the usual experienced. :doh0715: I would prefer them to be fairly affordable.
Looking for a shop that does light servicing to medium/heavy mods.
Oh I'm in the DC vacinity specifically Fairfax County.

Thanks,
D

:chili:

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
what are you looking to get done?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well for starters,
Lift kit install, gear work, repair work I am uncapable of doing (do to time and vehicle restraints), its my DD. So I can't not have it for more than a day or two. Auto to Manual hub swap. Etc. Thats for now, later it would be possible paint/body work. Rust repair... :cry. Roll cage fab work, maybe bumper fab work. I could go on but I think you get the point!

I have a mechanic for most of the BS I have to fix/repair but I don't trust him to install a lift and regearing. I am also pretty sure he doesn't do body work. Also it costs to [email protected] much! He charges me like $85/hr.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
D

·
Erik
1,847 Posts
How far is too far? I have a place in MD near me that does good work. They did my alignment, mounting & balancing of tires, and I'll get them to regear my new axles since I don't wanna mess with that. They do a lot of custom work, mostly on lifted trucks, etc. :thumbup

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
you dont know of anywhere in/near york for gears do you?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean I figure you are like an 1.5 hours or so maybe two from me. Sooo....
Where is this place you speak of?
D

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
May be a little far. Does anyone know of anything closer to me?
D

'89Bronco302 PM me there info.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I dont know if you've heard of them, but ther is Bad Boyz in Woodbridge. They can be pricy at times, but if you get the lift through them they dont charge you as much to put it on. I personally havent had any work done by them, but know quite a few people who have and they have no complaints.
If you take your axles to them Dan and Patty at Double A speed and custom in Woodbrige will set it up for you. Call them and check first though. They might be getting out of doing them soon.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
This chain does lift installs, bumpers, winches, etc..bolt-on work. I don't think any of the locations do differential work but they would know where to hook you up since they sell the stuff.

http://www.tricktrucks.com/

I also cannot speak for the quality of any but the one store that I deal with in southern MD...each is independently operated.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts