Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
same as above. id love to put a CB there. only bad news is im 90% sure those switches are wired in to the harness. but if u have the shop manuals like i do sure u can cut it and rewire it with minimal problems...i would just use same switches and move them tho probably end up with less problems

·
umm...idk
359 Posts
I am not sure how the electric is all wired up but I would think that you would not be able to use toggle switches, I would think that you would have issues when switching between 4 high and 4 low, I would think that you could use a different type of push button which ever you may prefer and re wire it to the new switch. But that is just a guess but it makes sense to me

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
that's funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I was going to figure this one out myself. I think these stock switches are push button-continuous-on. Which means you push it, it's on, you push it again, it's off. So I can't see why a toggle switch wouldn't work. A 3 way switch would be preferred. One for 2wd, one for 4wd hi and the other for 4wd lo.

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
has anyone done this mod. what switches did you use????? i was thinking it would be cool to have them mounted on a custom center console.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why did this get moved? I've had a bronco for a while! I just suck at electric stuff. i don't even know how to read those diagrams posted lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would get a spool of wire, then remove your buttons.
Cut the pigtail off with enough to spice to and lengthen the wires in the dash to where ever you want the buttons and reattach the pig tail. Remount the buttons and your done. I hope to do this to my cruse buttons when I get an after market steering wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts