Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you know in the middle of a snow storm my bronco will not engage in 4x4. I hear clicking in the glove box, the light will not come on at all, but she will not go into 4x4 and I ended up in a ditch. Can anyone help me troubleshoot? :cry

·
Premium Member
6,782 Posts
redboat63 said:
would you know in the middle of a snow storm my bronco will not engage in 4x4. I hear clicking in the glove box, the light will not come on at all, but she will not go into 4x4 and I ended up in a ditch. Can anyone help me troubleshoot? :cry

Automatic locking hubs? Manual??

Electric switch transfer case or manual..

Need a little more info there..

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
your autohubs may not be engadging. try looking up a search for the Auto hubs and options you have like converting to manual hubs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
redboat63 said:

Eh I just went through this on my girl's exploder.If the light does not come on if it is electric,More then likely the 4x4 motor on the T-Case is frozen or broken.Go under it first and lightly tap on it with a mallet or small hammer.might loosen it up.if not dont worry.Napa actually carries these new.They are 76 bucks for the explorer with a 30 dollar core charge.But if I read you wrong and your light is ON that means your autohubs if that is what you have,Are shot or have too much grease in them.2 things to look for hope it helps

·
Registered
525 Posts
i agree my bronco did the same basic thing. the tranfer case moter is proly dead cost me about $100 and 30minutes to replace i got mine from JBG now my 4x4 works like a champ

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
try tranny fluid that's happened to me before

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have auto hubs on mine for now but when I pull the shifter back into 4X4 high it takes a few attempts before it will lock in. I will pull it back and the shifter just falls forword like nothing is there after 4 or 5 times it will finaly stay. If i am reading right here it is probably my transfer case motor that is not letting it ingauge at first?

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
I have auto hubs on mine for now but when I pull the shifter back into 4X4 high it takes a few attempts before it will lock in. I will pull it back and the shifter just falls forword like nothing is there after 4 or 5 times it will finaly stay. If i am reading right here it is probably my transfer case motor that is not letting it ingauge at first?
If you are shifting your t-case with a stick you dont have an auto t-case so it would have no motor. Only auto T-cases (push button 4x4) have a motor to shift it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ah, that makes since. I didn't know there was a push button option. Well then what is up with mine?

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
Have you gone under your bronco and looked at the t-case linkage yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not yet. I actually didn't think much of it till I read this post. I just got this Bronco so I don't know much about it. Actually this is first 4x4 so go easy on me...lol. I am still trying to learn all I can about it right now.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
transfer case shift motor shit the bed or may be frozen up or the auto hubs need to be rebuilt or swapped to manuel hubs. this is for the original post

1 - 17 of 17 Posts