Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 5.0 with only the alternator, the crank pulley, water pump, smog pump (just used as an idler pulley) and the tensioner.

its sitting in a capri ...i know i know not exactly a bronc but if it makes u all feel better i also have a bronc on with i just did the sixliter tune up to (well i got to bump timing tomorrow) :thumbup

anyways i need some help on how to run the belt or if its impossible to run the belt with what i have. what options do i have? again i only have limited accessories and there are no accessories on the drivers side of the motor.

oh and yes the alternator would be in its normal location its just not installed yet.

i know that i could buy a a/c delet pully but i have no bracket so what ever i got would have to bolt flush up to the head but space out the pulley far enough so be inline with everything else.

please help!!

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
This is all I have

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, chances are you can take a tape measure and find a belt to fit (I hope you have some free time and a friend at the local auto parts house). That pump is a reverse rotation (compared to the classic 289/302 v-belt setups) so it turns in the opposite direction that the crank turns. If you can't find a path (or if someone won't post up) I'll draw a pic of how the belt should snake through.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, chances are you can take a tape measure and find a belt to fit (I hope you have some free time and a friend at the local auto parts house). That pump is a reverse rotation (compared to the classic 289/302 v-belt setups) so it turns in the opposite direction that the crank turns. If you can't find a path (or if someone won't post up) I'll draw a pic of how the belt should snake through.
i know how stock belt should go and i also know the water pump turners counter clockwise (im right about that right?)

i just dont have a stock set up and i wont be running any power steering or ac.

just wondering if i can rout the belt any way with how it sits now. if not i know how to rout if if i have a a/c delete pulley on there but i dont have the big bracket that bolts to the head were th ac was originaly bolter to so i dont know what to do about that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
As far as I understand it, the delete kit just allows you to retain the original belt. That's it. Eveything lines up, just run a tape through the gauntlet and figure out what size belt you need. Hit up the local parts warehouse (5 rib (?)ummm, I forget what width) whatever you measured and yer good to go...

Be sure to err on the size of small. a 40" belt will fit a 42" easily. A 41" belt on a 40" system is worthless.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i figured a/c delete would be needed just wanted to make sure.
do u have any kits u would recommend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts