Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bronco is an 88 with a AOD and 5.0,everything is stock setup,im wanting to swap from that to a 93 cobra motor with gt40 heads,intake and full roller,E303 cam and proby 19 or 24lb injectors,depending on if i can use the gt40 intake.

my question is im not up to date on ford fuel injection since everything went to the MAF sensors,whats needed to change to that so i can run the newer mustang intakes and throttle bodies.

im also changing from the AOD to a 5 speed from a 95 if thats helpful,
I'm guessing the computer and harness needs to be changed,i don't know from what though,thanks in advance to any helpful input

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,507 Posts
yes you'll want to go with the MAF set up, you'll need to get the entire harness from a MAF rig or you can buy one of the layover kits from Ryan, FireGuy..it will allow you to mate up the MAF stuff with your SD harness. This will require some repinning on the connector to the EEC. In addition you're going to need the air intake box, MAF meter and a new EEC as well. I believe a lot of the guys with manual trannys have gone with the A9L.

Good luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Before you do this you may want to do some research on the Mustang sites.

93 cobra's are becoming collectable, it would be a shame to swap a semi rare mill in a Bronco, much less one that is built for a completely different purpose than pushing a 5,000lb 4x4 truck.

I think you could sell the motor or keep it as an investment and build a 5.8 that would make you a lot happier. The value of that motor is only going to go up.

Just my $.02,

Bard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
82 bko i took that into considderation and tried to find a 5.8 H.O,also tried to get out of buying this one halfway into my research but i already paid the guy half of the money for it,hes got another motor exactly like his stock one hes building into a 331 stroker with all kinds machining and aftermarket goodies,picked it up for $450,with only 30,000 on it its cheaper than i can build a full roller 5.0,might advertise it before i start the swap tho.

is there any power increase going to the MAF? or just easier to work on? figured if i did it i would just get a cold air kit for the mustang so no box to worry bout,just the sensor and the tube,thats ho its set up now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts