Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone out there ever swap a newer 5.0 into a older Bronco? I was wondering what oil pan your supposed to use...???? My Bronco has the dip stick going into the block so I can't use that like I was planning :banghead And the one that came on the car 5.0 is no good to me because it has a front sump oil pan. I need one that has a rear sump with the dip stick going into the pan it's self...Anyone know if ford made a year/vehical that has something like that in it?? I don't know where to look..most Bronco's that I seen had 351's that had the dip stick going into the pan like I need but it won't fit my 302 :cry What is one to do?? My truck has been sitting now for over 3 months because of this and I'm dying to get it back on the road/trails....someone PLEASE HELP!!!!! S.O.S. :beer

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
how old is older?

tons of broncos had 302's...in fact almost all of em cept for the first couple years and 78/79.

rear sump w/ dipstick shoulndt be hard to find. call your local ford parts counter and ask them. then call napa, advanced, pep, etc to get the lowest price on that make/model.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Bronco isn't really old...its a '82 that had a 302 in it.....But my 302had the dip stick going into the block, not the pan.....I haven't found 1 oil pan that had the dip stick in the pan...except for a 351 cleveland.....but that don't help me :banghead I tried Salvo's, Jeg's, Summit, and a few junk yards. But the stores didn't have anything except aftermarket and they were waaaayyyy expensive. Don't wanna go that route unless I absolutely have to. The junk yards said they had no clue, I'd have to come down and inspect everything for myself...good lord!!! Where to begin???? :brownbag

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Check your oil pan wanted thread. Posted two links with some info about finding 302 pans with the stick coming out of the pan and a rear sump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts