Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I need a list and quick info on what I need to convert my already lower end mustang 5.0 block in my Bronco to the Mustang upper and total EFI. I mean computer, wiring etc...The block was from a 90 Mustang GT but the person who put it in used all the stock Bronco stuff. Did as search and didn't find much. I have the Mustang upper intake already just need to know what else I need and basically how to do it. Sorry I forgot to say this is a 90 Bronco with Speed density.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Link doesn't work. It shouldn't be hard should it?? Basically it is mostly just computer and wring and Upper intake with MAF as well? :shrug

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope still won't open. As far as I have heard the Mustang computer is mostly stand alone with basically only 3 splices but If I knew for sure I would be asking on here!!:shrug

I deleted cookies and still no go with the page just keeps trying to load. I have high speed as well so that is not the problem. Strange.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
It is a stand alone computer, but the number of wires to connect to the body depends on what harness you have.
It's true that only 3-6 wires connect, but not many harnesses are that well built.
Ford EFI harnesses typically have 15 or more:

W/R wire (Oil PSI gauge sender)
T/Y wire (Tachometer)
R/W wire (Engine Temp gauge sender)
R/G wire (PWR for EEC relay and TFI)
W/P wire (Auto ground for pin 30 NDS)
R/LB wire (Crank PWR for TFI)
G/P wire (SIG RTN for pin 30 NDS)
P/Y wire (NDS pin 30 to oxygen sensor harness)
G/Y wire (PWR for O2 sensor heaters)
PK/G wire (check engine light GND)
Check engine PWR must be spliced by installer
PK/O wire (VSS -)
G/BK wire (VSS +)
DG/Y wire (To inertia switch plug)
Inertia switch plug output to fuel pumps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I figured it would be more than that but hey that is why I asked here cause I knew someone would know alot better than I do!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts