Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Ive been reading more about this crossfire on here so I went ahead and looked it up on Mitchell ON demand at work. I got a whole 9pages of info and pictures! only thing mitchell won't let you cop anything so i had to print it out And retype it , and scan the pictures:banghead Enjoy!

5.0l BUCK/MISS/JERK/SPARK KNOCK: INDUCTION CROSSFIRE
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN

CONDITIONS
Buck Jerk Ignition miss Spark knock Surge

APPLICATION

Models : ford light truck: 1987-94 Bronco, E150,E250 F150,F250

ISSUE

Engine mis,spark knock,buck/jerk,surge and other drive ability concerns may be caused by indution crossfire.This occurs becuase of improperly routed spark plug wires.

ACTION

If spark plug replacement is performed, the correct firing order and spark plug wire routing is essential to prevent the possibility of induction crossfire between cylinders.Refer to the following procedures for inspection of spark plug wire routing and firing order.Proerly reroute the spark plug wires if required.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the 1-5-4-non HO wiring in my 86 is there any crossfire issues for this model? It idles great but under load does not perform well. Checking the wire routing was suggested by steve83 and for the life of me can't find a wire routing diagram for this firing order.

·
Super Moderator
25,770 Posts
I have the 1-5-4-non HO wiring in my 86 is there any crossfire issues for this model? It idles great but under load does not perform well. Checking the wire routing was suggested by steve83 and for the life of me can't find a wire routing diagram for this firing order.
yo UNKLES;
your 86 5.0 firing order is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. If #7 and #8, or #2 and #4 spark plug wires are routed next to each other at the separation bracket, an induction crossfire condition can occur. Distributor rotation is Counterclockwise;

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,770 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think that is the one, Miesk5, I just wonder why the 86 is not included.

The first and last of these 4 pics kind of contradict each other, but I am going to keep 7 and 8 apart for my setup. See how that works.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the 302 non HO's and the 5.8's are the same so this would prolly work for you as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts