Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last thread I posted was met with quite a bit of oppostion, however I did take quite a bit of the advice and searched around which led me into the early morning. Since then I have bought a set of iron GT-40 heads some chrome valve covers a pete jackson gear drive and looked at some good cams. That 30% off coupon to summit is ready to be used. My question is what would work good for my induction system. I've seen some nice intake packages on e-bay but they all look like they have the throttle body in a different area. Im not opposed to some fancy duct work but what about the EGR valve. I figure that with the GT-40 heads, mild RV type cam, headers Im looking at around a 70mm throttle body. What would be a good intake and throttle body for me. The typoon intake set-up looks resonably priced, does edelbrock make something that will work good. As far as headers I dont see to many with the EGR provision. I have a 95 5.8. Thanks

·
Registered
1991 351W E4OD
881 Posts
Edelbrock makes an intake for 5.8L trucks. Part # for upper and lower is 3881. It accommodates the EGR from its stock position so you don't have to figure out how to move it. It uses a dual throttle body (like the stock one). I got the BBK dual 56mm (part #3501) with the Edelbrock truck intake.

Here you can see the EGR provision.

For headers, I got Gibson shorties (part #gp201) that have an EGR provision. Can't remember exactly what other companies have headers with EGR but with some searching you should be able to find the info.

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Ford Motor Company Racing Shorty 351w headers have the Passenger front 5.8 EGR provision. They also come in a coated ceramic version. If you don't need emissions you could always go the Tweecer route and turn the EGR off in the programming.

Congrads on searching :beer

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
You're not going to need a larger TB for the minimal work you're doing.

tmwalmart has a bigger one, but that's also a 393w she's built.

Did you read Fireguy's 'how to pick a cam thread'? Ford EFI is picky about cam LSA.

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
You're not going to need a larger TB for the minimal work you're doing.

tmwalmart has a bigger one, but that's also a 393w she's built.

Did you read Fireguy's 'how to pick a cam thread'? Ford EFI is picky about cam LSA.
I agree but with enough research you can find the right one. Make some phone calls and search the web you will find the answer you desire. I have an RV cam in mine and im happy with it. But also remember that i built my engine for gas mileage not power. The power it has is just an added bonus:goodfinge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.